One last Question!

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by sic1, Apr 18, 2007.

1. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
    I picked up a pair of SP studio 300 watt strobes and been firing them off by the onboard flash on my D80. I want to try just using the strobes and not the flash on my camera. The mono lights come with a pc connection cable but my understanding is the D80 does not have a "pc" connection like the higher model D200. I have talked to camera shops like Ritz camera and they say i would have to buy expensive equiptment to trigger the monolight? Any economical suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here are the lights i got. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=129711&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

2. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
    Calumet says this will work....any opinoins? http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/CG1121/
    By the way Roy you have some great portraits in your p-base..... I hope i can someday shoot my kids in that quality!

3. Thank you!

4. The Nikon AS-15 slips into the hot shoe and has a PC terminal.

HERE

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    That is what I use, Woody. Then I bought a Wein safe sync that plugs into my strobe controller. It is working fine for me.

6. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
    The Wein safe sync worked...I have flash! Thanks for everyone's help. Funny how multiple people working in camera stores told me i could trigger my strobes with my onboard flash but also couldnt tell me what was wrong when they did not work. Live and learn. Now I need backdrops, I hope this part of my learning does not make me pull hairout, waste money and have me googleing answers to all hours of the morning.