One last question...

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by fotographik, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Ok, I've made up my mind: I'm ordering a Domke F-2 tomorrow. Questions is, do I go for the ballistic nylon or the traditional canvas? I'm kind'a leaning towards the black canvas.Anybody have recommendations as to one material or the other?

2. Personally I love the canvas. Great "Domke" feel and just about indestructible.

3. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Second the canvas. Great feel and conformity. Truly does wear like iron.

I'm sorta hard on bags and the Domke canvas really works well.

4. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    Canvas Hands Down. The canvas conforms to your body and feeels sooooo nice, and it wears well and looks pretty professional when its used ;).

5. Ok then! Majority has it!!! It would seem that canvas is the way to go. Thanks for the input. I'm placing the order within the next couple of hours!

6. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Frank,

If you have not ordered yet, think of the tan canvas. So much easier to find all that black Nikon gear.

7. Makes sense Carman, hadn't thought of that...thanks for throwing that in...I was debating wether to go for Tan or Black. Tan it is!!!

8. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    I have had the tan for 2 years and love it. It even holds the 70-200, albeit not on the camera.

9. Can't wait to get my hands on it....everyone who owns one seems to love these bags.

10. Frank,
    I have one and love it. However I would recommend that you also order the Shoulder Pad that Domke sells. It fits on the shoulder strap of the F2 & is extremely comfortable. Especially if you are going to carry a heavy load. I hope you enjoy your bag as much as I enjoy mine.

11. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
  12. Allright, I finally found the time to place my order for an F-2 (the tan coloured one) and a shoulder pad as well. Should receive it within 5 business days...can't wait to load it up!

Now all that remains is to fins a way to unload my Lowepro Slingshot 200AW!

13. Just got my bag!!!

Allright, I'm one happy little camper.:biggrin: I received my F-2 yesterday.:biggrin: Finally ended choosing the black instead of tan (knowing me, the tan wouldn't have remained that colour very long!) You guys were right, canvas ws the way to go. I carried all morning today while at the museum...I love it!!!

I bought the Domke upon seing the strong reviews it was getting in this forum. I would like to thank all who helped push me over the edge: thanks to your comments/suggestions.

14. Félicitations François, you'll love it!