One Man and his Pet

Going over some old pics while taking a look at Luminar Flex and decided to revisit this one from Chennai, India.

D200 @ ISO 100
AF-S Zoom Nikkor 18-200 @ 70mm
1/125 @ f/8
Luminar Flex
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks @Randy, @gchappel, @Allan & @dossy. Wasn't quite sure what the guy did with the cow. I suspect it was somehow his livelihood.
Got a closer shot. Possibly less dizziness inducing.

D200 @ ISO 100
AF-S Zoom Nikkor 18-200 @ 130mm
1/160 @ f/8
Luminar 2018

Thanks @Butlerkid. Appreciate your feedback.

@Mike Buckley. Titled horizon is typically a "NoNo" indeed.
The waves were rolling in from the right and positioning seemed to give that tilting impression. Exaggerated in #1 as I had not left enough room at the cow's feet to rotate it the 1 or so degrees to "normal" but I felt it "worked". One below (another man, another cow) gives the actual perspective:

D200 @ ISO 100
AF-S Zoom Nikkor 18-200 @ 150mm
1/200 @ f/8
Luminar Flex

That first image is so well done. Like others, I find it dynamic and powerful, and agree that the tilted horizon adds immensely to the image. Good B&W conversion too.

Last one is also great--there is something rather tense in the scene that is enhanced by the shooting angle.

Bravo!

Real Name
Mike
Thanks @Butlerkid. Appreciate your feedback.

@Mike Buckley. Titled horizon is typically a "NoNo" indeed.
The waves were rolling in from the right and positioning seemed to give that tilting impression. Exaggerated in #1 as I had not left enough room at the cow's feet to rotate it the 1 or so degrees to "normal" but I felt it "worked". One below (another man, another cow) gives the actual perspective:

D200 @ ISO 100
AF-S Zoom Nikkor 18-200 @ 150mm
1/200 @ f/8
Luminar Flex
View attachment 1636214
Dayo,
You are putting all of us latest-and-greatest equipment people to shame with your D200 and 18-200. I had a D300 and that lens and wrote it off 10 years ago. It's about the story and your picture is proof.

Real Name
Andrew
Kind of gives me an Indonesian Cow Racing vibe from the first shot.

I'm a sucker for contrasty monochrome processing....so this definitely ticks that box. Good expressions and tension captured. Thanks for sharing.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom