One Mans Junk...

As if I wasn't busy enough I got a call on Wed. to pick up some parked vehicles from a horse ranch. There were 7 vehicles some running just take them away for free. If it's free it's for me. This is what I hauled so far, the dead Skidoo and the whole hog roaster were an unexpected bonus. I figure after I sell off the salvageable parts and scrap the rest @ 120 a ton I'll have enough for a shiny new D700 or even a D3 if the price drops. Not bad for a few days work.........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As if I wasn't busy enough I got a call on Wed. to pick up some parked vehicles from a horse ranch. There were 7 vehicles some running just take them away for free. If it's free it's for me. This is what I hauled so far, the dead Skidoo and the whole hog roaster were an unexpected bonus. I figure after I sell off the salvageable parts and scrap the rest @ 120 a ton I'll have enough for a shiny new D700 or even a D3 if the price drops. Not bad for a few days work.........

Cheers

Just for my own curiosity, trying to link one of 'em.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Tom

Is that different as in posting images or hauling junk? I follow the same procedure as always and I've never had a problem posting pics before. Just wierd.....

Cheers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Tom

The couple are well off and don't bother selling anything. They have a large horse operation with 16 horses of their own. If a vehicle quits they dump it behind their riding stable. The GMC 4dr. 3500 truck is only 11 years old but led a hard life. They were pulling a trailer with six horses in it and blew the rad out. They kept driving till it stopped and lost the motor. The GMC (Suzuki) Tracker only needed the battery charged and terminals cleaned . It runs well so I'll probably keep it as a yard truck and field ripper. Still have to pick up a 89 GMC p/u that runs, a 88 Mustang, 87 Honda civic and an early 80's Ranger 1/4 pounder. I expect to make some good money parting out the 1 ton GMC and the other cars are essentially just weight across the scales. After working in muck and horse manure all day you wonder if its worth it sometimes but those nice fat cheques from the scrap dealer sure are nice.........

Cheers

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom