One month anniversary...

Today is my D600's one month anniversary - it has been sitting at the Nikon Service Center in Ca. for a month floating between "In Shop" and "Parts Hold" for a B2 repair.

I called (no help), e-mailed (they will "research" it - no reply) and even called again and asked what the charge to date to box it up and send it back so I can send it somewhere else would be (they will "research" it -no reply).

This is a first (and last if I am paying for the repair) for me. Understand, I could tolerate the hold if I had some idea why - their complete lack of responsiveness and terrible customer service is what bothers me.

This is just bad customer service. Wish I could offer some useful advice. Better Business Bureau maybe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My fix will be to send my stuff somewhere else next time. It was "in shop" for the last 2 days, now its on "parts hold" for the 4th time. In a month.

File a complaint with the BBB. Call and demand to talk to a supervisor.

I'm an advocate for people being calm, cool, and collected, until customer service drops to an absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel unacceptable level. Then I go all Hulk on them.

They already have an F rating with BBB and good luck getting the phone agents to connect you with anyone who might have any information. I have tried.

They already have an F rating with BBB and good luck getting the phone agents to connect you with anyone who might have any information. I have tried.

I have learned this the hard way over the last month. Do Canon users have this problem?

Ya know, Nikon USA and Nikon Inc, Japan are separate entities... Nikon USA is granted
a license by Nikon Inc, Japan to be sole distributor in the USA and trusted to handle sales
and customer service with integrity... I wonder what would happen if Nikon Inc, Japan were
to suddenly start getting flooded with a mass of USA customer complaints about how Nikon
USA treats Nikon customers...? Do you think they would be concerned...?

Just a thought... :wink:

An F rating! I had no idea. I have only used an authorized Nikon repair place close to my home a couple times. Cleanings only but outstanding, fair priced service and same day service for clean and checks.

Yep. That's the one near my home I spoke of. From my limited live visits it's a first class operation.
Though APS is an "Authorized" repair facility it is a private enterprise, not part
of Nikon USA... It used to be, but went private years ago...

I hear nothing but praise for APS and if I ever again need to send my gear in for
service that's where I'll send it... :wink:

Me too. Mine went from "in shop" to "parts hold" again. But they are going to research it...:rolleyes:

It's interesting. I've had very good service from Nikon (El Segundo) on several occasions. But my last experience with them was 2 years ago. Since that time, I've seen numerous complaints about their service. It definitely seems to be going down hill. So much so, that I sent my 28-70 f/2.8 to APS for service, just a couple of days ago. Looks like I made the right choice.

Hope it all works out, Chad.

I have learned this the hard way over the last month. Do Canon users have this problem?
Depends on if you've owned a Mark III or not :biggrin:

Honestly though, I've sent a lot of Canon items (including 3rd party lenses) in for repair and only one Nikon item (including 3rd party lenses) so far. While the Canon service was no doubt better, it was more frequent. Take that for whatever it's worth!

Sounds like Nikon leadership better get off their high horse and do a bit of a shakeup. Offering the so called best product without the best aftercare is only half of a whole. From what I understand people buy certain luxury cars because when they come in for an oil change they are carted off to the waiting suite in a sedan chair.

I finally got the "shipped" notification yesterday. Its a $225 repair... Prior to it being shipped (still in "parts hold" purgatory) I sent them 2 emails asking to pay for expedited/faster shipping, but those were ignored and they shipped it ground.

Way I see it, if Nikon customer (dis)service continues to treat customers like this, Nikon will sell fewer cameras. Fewer cameras means a lighter work load and an easier day (maybe in the unemployment line).

Edit: BBB

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom