One more Female Ruby Throated Humming Bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Irenejoy, Aug 20, 2005.

1. 47964593.

D70 80x400vr Nikor. I have been trying to get a last few pictures before they depart. They are eating almost the whole daylight hours now so I expect I shall wake up one morning and they will be gone until next year. I always miss them very much. You lucky people who will have them all winter down south.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Way to go Irene. I still don't have a decent shot of these guys.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Irene that is a Wonderful shot.

Go 80-400 VR VR VR and in great hands :>)))))

Perfect.

4. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hi Irene -

I love shots of hovering hummers, and you nailed this one! Wonderful sharpness is highlighted by the almost featureless background. Nice.

Gordon

5. Congrats for a wonderful shot, Irene. The picture looks really 3D.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great capture, Irene. Capturing a Hummer isn't an easy thing to do...job well done.

7. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Nice capture, Irene! I agree with Dao who said it looked 3D as that was my first thought as well. Thanks for sharing that tidbit of info on why they are eating all the time. I've had a feeder up all summer and had a few strays here and there but in the past week, there are several and they are eating sun-up to sundown. Now I know why! :D

8. Thanks so much for your comments. I just wish it hadn't taken me all summer to really get a good capture. Just one female left, the rest left yesterday. I hope this little one doesn't linger too long.

9. Nice job Irene, like the shot. Looks like they are looking a little ragid this time of year. having said that, envious you get to shoot them this time of year, we were done by mid june!

10. Nice shot Irene. They are fun at times to photograph but the waiting and the amount of shots you have to take before you get a good one is a pain in the a-----s at times.
    Pete