One more Female Ruby Throated Humming Bird

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D70 80x400vr Nikor. I have been trying to get a last few pictures before they depart. They are eating almost the whole daylight hours now so I expect I shall wake up one morning and they will be gone until next year. I always miss them very much. You lucky people who will have them all winter down south.

Irene that is a Wonderful shot.

Go 80-400 VR VR VR and in great hands :>)))))

Perfect.

G

Gordon Large

Hi Irene -

I love shots of hovering hummers, and you nailed this one! Wonderful sharpness is highlighted by the almost featureless background. Nice.

Gordon

Nice capture, Irene! I agree with Dao who said it looked 3D as that was my first thought as well. Thanks for sharing that tidbit of info on why they are eating all the time. I've had a feeder up all summer and had a few strays here and there but in the past week, there are several and they are eating sun-up to sundown. Now I know why! :D

Thanks so much for your comments. I just wish it hadn't taken me all summer to really get a good capture. Just one female left, the rest left yesterday. I hope this little one doesn't linger too long.

Nice job Irene, like the shot. Looks like they are looking a little ragid this time of year. having said that, envious you get to shoot them this time of year, we were done by mid june!

Nice shot Irene. They are fun at times to photograph but the waiting and the amount of shots you have to take before you get a good one is a pain in the a-----s at times.
Pete

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom