One more from last weekend

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Not much of a shot really, but it kind of tickled my funny bone. I was testing my flash settings very early last Sunday when these unfortunate victims landed in a tree about 60 feet away. They were just sitting there minding their own business when the flash went off....:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

I told you it wasn't much of a shot. :redface:

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Well you might think it's not that exciting, but them birdies look like they got a charge out of it :biggrin:

3. interesting timing, so the camera caught them "taking off" what was the shutter speed on this Frank?
    I meant to say that I assume they were static when the shutter was depressed, so seems some lag occurred

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    No, this is the 2nd or 3rd shot of a 5 or 6 shot sequence. In the first, they were just sitting there. I was just surprised that it caught them so quickly after they jumped. :smile:

5. Callie

Callie Guest

HI Frank
    VERY nicely caught! BB to reach that far? Like the action.
    Is this a thrush - I think you call it some type of robin, because the Brits from the UK knew their robin, and they seem to have taken the name with them all over the world when they left the little island long ago! We aslo have a Cape Robin, but no robin at all, actually a robin-chat.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Callie,

Yes, shot with a BB. I believe that this is a Robin, or at least what we call a Robin here in the states. :smile:

7. Callie

Callie Guest

Thanks Frank
    Then it is a thrush, you can look under Family Thurdus