One more from Marblehead

Real Name
Chris
Another one from Marblehead Lighthouse. Different approach to the composition and post processing, also later in the morning once I finished thawing my clothes in the truck 😂
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gorgeous! Almost looks like an illustration.
Thanks Mike. Lately I’ve been trying to find that fine line between photo and art. I like taking my processing right up to the line sometimes. In this particular shot, shaping the light by selective exposure edits and color casts to give that glow and make a leading line to the light house.

That is a terrific shot; well worth the effort. The green light from the lighthouse really adds a nice touch of color contrast to the picture. One suggestion would be to see what it looks like with the jet trail removed from the sky.

Real Name
Chris
That is a terrific shot; well worth the effort. The green light from the lighthouse really adds a nice touch of color contrast to the picture. One suggestion would be to see what it looks like with the jet trail removed from the sky.
Thank you! That’s a good recommendation, I’ll have to see if I can clean that up nice and neat.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Really a stunning image and processing! Did you try to "straighten" the lighthouse.....it appears to lean a bit to the left.....

Real Name
Chris
Really a stunning image and processing! Did you try to "straighten" the lighthouse.....it appears to lean a bit to the left.....
No I didn’t try to straighten it out. I’m not sure if that’s a byproduct of lens compression or what. I am terrible at correcting for those types of issues without making the rest of the image look wonky.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
No I didn’t try to straighten it out. I’m not sure if that’s a byproduct of lens compression or what. I am terrible at correcting for those types of issues without making the rest of the image look wonky.
I usually do the straightening in Bridge on the raw file. (I'm pretty sure LR has the same function) Super easy to keep the horizon level yet adjust the vertical. Draw one "line" for the horizon and another line down the center of the lighthouse. If that throws something else off a bit, just draw another line to fix it.

Real Name
Chris
I usually do the straightening in Bridge on the raw file. (I'm pretty sure LR has the same function) Super easy to keep the horizon level yet adjust the vertical. Draw one "line" for the horizon and another line down the center of the lighthouse. If that throws something else off a bit, just draw another line to fix it.
Thanks so much! I’ll have to try to look for that function / feature and try it out.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom