One More from The Canyon

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gunnerisac, Nov 12, 2005.

1. This shot was taken from a helicopter under evry trying conditions (+20mph crosswinds, haze and smoke)so it's one of the few keepers.

Hope you like it.

52103402.DSC_0033.
    Paul

2. belated happy birthday! this is an awesome scene. perfect opportunity for a split ND filter to keep the exposure right at the top. the bottom is perfect.
    Dave

3. This shot isn't that bad, Paul! One thing you might consider trying, if so inclined, is replace the white sky with a different sky in Photoshop. Since it seems to be a consistant white, it would be an easy replacement. Just a thought.

4. Thanks for your b'day wishes and comments. Yes, it could and should be fixed in PS, if I ever learn how to do it without making the shot look artificial.

Paul:smile:

5. Dave,

I agree, but we were in a helicopter and "up was down "and "left was right" as we were being buffeted by the wind. I had a polarizer filter which salvaged some of the shot.

Thanks for the b'day wishes -- glad it only happens once every two years!

Paul