One more GGO

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Boobie Joe, Feb 13, 2005.

1. As you know, I went to shoot with Dao Dang today. We went with Arianne to try and find some of the GGO. First place we went, seen none. We decided to go to another place in Île Bizard and found one rather quickly, here is one of the shots I did. Busy BG but nice bird nevertheless.

I must say the biggest thrill was to meet Dao, a very fine gentleman. We shot pictures, had dinner and laughed quite a bit. We should meet again for shooting.

original.

Thx for looking and I can't wait to see what Dao has too .. :)

2. Well taken image Yves. He looks a little cross eyed but is a magnificient owl. Nicely done.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shot Yves.

I had already concluded that Dao is a fine, talented person, just from his posts here so far. In fact, I can't believe how lucky we are to have such fine folks as members here (including you of course....;-) )!!.

It certainly is great fun meeting and shooting with others that are as 'fanatic' about this avocation as we all are. I can't wait to get together with a couple of dozen next week-end. Sure wish that you and Dao could join us.... :lol:

Frank

4. Indee, this is the optimal fun reward. You can bet that Dao is a fine photographer.

5. Hi,

As you already know, I spent a very nice day with Yves and his so cute Arianne (looking at her making snow cakes and lovelingly playing with her father, it was a delight). I must say it is a great pleasure to meet Yves, a fine gentleman and a caring father.

About what I got, here's a shot taken when the same GGO opened one eye to look at Yves setting up his camera. I was about ten feet behind Yves.

Since I'm too lazy (and also don't know how to insttall the automated script), here's the manual EXIF : D100, Sigma 100-300mm /4 + TC 1.4X, Shutter priority 1/320s f/8 +-.3EV, ISO 200, Center-Weighted metering (I forgot to make the change from yesterday shooting), Low contrast, No sharpening, UDef Tone-curve from Photogenetic.

6. Dao, he's winking at you! Looks like you guys had a wonderful day. Its really cool that you met up with each other.

7. Looks like a great day ....

was had by both of you, incredible shots of a magnificent bird

8. Dao you bad boy ... you used a 1.4TC ??? I did not see this :lol:

Our shots look pretty much the same (distance wise, colors and all) He did wink at you !!!

Check your mail later today

9. nice detail on the owl shots. very well done.

10. Dao, you and Yves must have been in the same tripod indentions. Your TC1.4 moved things a little closer but the image is still sharp with good detail. Sounds like a fun time was had by you two. Thanks for sharing this image.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great stuff guys,

I have yet to see an owl :<(
    Maybe someday.

Great images from both.

Glad you had a fun day.

Cheers
    Gale