One More Lee Stalcup

Discussion in 'People' started by Ottrott's Human, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    I thought I had finished processing shots from this shoot weeks ago.....and then I found this one:smile:

Lee "Loo" Stalcup:
    468498212_93ff6cacf0_o.

2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Buried treasure...wonderful find.

3. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Lee is simmering in this one. Very nice indeed.

4. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Cool Post process

5. Stuart, great pose, and you really nailed the feel of the 50s with the lighting and the post-processing!

6. Absolutely STUNNING!

Wow Stuart, I checked out your site and you have some of the best B&W's I've ever seen.

Your work is very inspiring.

John

7. Wow, Stu...I really like this one...great contrast! and of course, love that PP on these shots...tremendous effort sir!

8. Stuart, this is absolutely incredible!!!

9. smokin hot!

10. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

absolutely stunning...

11. This "period" of your work is some of the best you have produced Stu.......... well, it is for me.

This image has a great feel to it............ excellent lighting and processing.

Beautiful in every way.............. :redface: :redface: :redface:

G

12. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    With over 200 shots from this shoot I guess I just was overwhelmed. It's good that I decided to "clean out" Aperture; it forced me to go back through every image and re-evaluate. I think the reason I passed over this one the first few times is that there were several issues that needed to be solved in photoshop. It was a difficult image to process.

Thanks Joshua.

Thanks Fred. There is a new and very popular tapas bar in the area that has an art deco decor. I sold a 24x20 of this photo to the owner today. He's going to hang it over the bar. I'm pretty stoked about that.

Thanks James. When I first started doing these Hurrell style photo's I spent a ton of time working on getting the look as close as I could. Woody really helped out with some suggestions for the post processing.

Thank you very much Philippe.....it's supposed to be 40s style though!!:mad:  .......:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

John, that is very kind of you. Much appreciated!!

Thanks John....I swear I thought I was done with this series!!! But then boredom set in and well......there ya go.:smile:

Hey Keith! Thanks Man!!

Suh....mokin'!!! :biggrin: Thanks Eric!

Maurice, Lee should get most of the credit. She is a fantastic model/actress and is amazing to work with. Thanks!

Thank you Graeme. Three weeks ago I was so ready to move on from this style, but it really was fun. I may do more of it again at some point. For now I think I will just make sure I haven't missed any more "keepers" from my previous shoots.

13. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Congrats on the sale Stuart - that's really cool stuff. I'll bet Lee was also very excited.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.