One more raptor shot..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Jun 19, 2005.

1. cropped the snot out of this. Does it work, or too much cropping and degredation of image?

original.

Thanks for input.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I think it looks pretty good. It has a slight green tinge on my monitor, but that may just be my monitor.

Did you confirm that this is a juvy Baldy?

3. its marginal based on that crop, especially when comparing against those beautiful shots you have been showing us lately. Have to agree with Frank, does have a green tinge to it?? Having said all that, still really like the image Harris ;-)

4. gonna calibrate mine soon. How do I get rid of the green tinge?

5. is this version better, less green?

original.

it was late afternoon and I had wb at 5900. I think I changed it here to 5400 in pp'ing. Also decreased the green channel. Any better?

6. Must be my monitor but I don't see any appreciable difference in the images.

Even with all of the cropping you mention it is still a very good product.

Nice capture.

Russ

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I don't see any difference either. How much did you decrease the green channel level? I've had to go over -10 occasionally.

8. That's better, Harris, but the biggest improvement was in changing to a less agressive crop. The subject looks much sharper now.

9. I like the pose this bird did for you Harris. Is he one of your trained raptors? :D

10. Great shot Harris, I like the extra width of the second one.
    Pete

11. Sure wish I could have found one of these to shoot when I was in Florida last week. Oh well, it will make me go back again. Nice shot Harris.