One more shot from Mike's backyard...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by 3stones, Feb 4, 2005.

1. I had several Gb of images from the last fall vacation. I processed some and then I re-read Ron's ebook and also looked at other's landscape images. So I went back those files and processed/reprocessed some.

The following one was discarded at the beginning. Tonight I looked at it again and I thought it had some elements I liked, the light, the cloud, the colorado river, and of course the red rock mountains.

http://www.pbase.com/3stones/image/39367758
    [​IMG]

Shot with D100 and 70-200VR. Critiques are welcome. Thanks.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Isn't Raw wonderful!

I also recently changed my workflow, much to my likeing. I've got to get around to documenting it all, but now I do the highlights with ACR using the ideas in Fraser's book, then the shadows like Ron shows in his ebook. And I'm still evolving the perfect sharpening scheme.

Recently I redid a shot I did a year ago at ISO 6400 - and it wasn't bad!

I'd like to see some of your older stuff reprocessed. I remember an early 'pseudo IR' shot you did that I thought had a lot of unrealized power. I dunno. Maybe I just see things wierd.

3. Re: Isn't Raw wonderful!

Which one? Were you talking about this one,
    http://www.pbase.com/3stones/image/32817529
    I tried my D2H with B+W IR filter the other day. D2H seems to be a good camera for IR photos, too.

4. I enjoyed your image

Nice light, and the river leads my eye well across the image. I've relaxed, looking at this, from a tense and busy day.

5. Simply beautiful and relaxing.

6. Goodness . . .

. . . that's a wonderfully dramatic shot of the canyon with an unusual amount of river showing! I have to confess that the location isn't immediately clear to me. Were you at Desert View (the place with the tower about 25 miles from the village)?

Regards,

Mike

7. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Amazing picture,I like it
    Wish I had such wonderfull places over here in the Netherlands
    Thanks for posting

8. Re: Goodness . . .

Glad you all like it. Thanks.

To Mike,

Yes it was taken at Desert View. I remember it was west side of the Tower. The storm was imminent and there were very few people over there. I was able to place half of my tripod outside of the railing near the cliff tip. It was great experience.