One more Zion Narrows Photo

Beautiful Terri — have never had the time to that far up the canyon but hopefully someday
Thank you, Ron. It took us 5 hours to go as far as we did and back. We got our gear first thing in the morning, then returned to our hotel for breakfast and to pack for the day. By the time we got ready, parked in the park, rode the bus and hiked to the trailhead it was late morning. By the time we finished the hike, walked back to the bus, rode back to our car, and turned in our gear. The day was pretty much over and it was starting to get dark. With the short fall days, it was an all day activity. So if you ever do go, I would suggest allowing a full day.

Terri, do not apologize for this one. It is simply spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

Do you have one without the boulder in the foreground? I know it's a point of interest, but I find it a bit off-putting. Almost like a barrier to me when I want to step into the scene. The waters of the Virgin River leading to the golden trees and the soaring canyon walls are where my eyes want to wander.

Terri, do not apologize for this one. It is simply spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

Do you have one without the boulder in the foreground? I know it's a point of interest, but I find it a bit off-putting. Almost like a barrier to me when I want to step into the scene. The waters of the Virgin River leading to the golden trees and the soaring canyon walls are where my eyes want to wander.
I don’t have any other compositions at this location. I’ll have. To try cropping and see how it looks to me. Thanks for your feedback. Hope we get to see your photos if you have a chance to do the hike!

I don’t have any other compositions at this location. I’ll have. To try cropping and see how it looks to me. Thanks for your feedback. Hope we get to see your photos if you have a chance to do the hike!
I did hike the narrows with my family one summer about 9 years ago. Your photos really took me back. We had a blast. I'm just not sure everyone will be excited to give it a try again during a cold december day!

I did hike the narrows with my family one summer about 9 years ago. Your photos really took me back. We had a blast. I'm just not sure everyone will be excited to give it a try again during a cold december day!
I don't blame them. It was 75 degrees when we went. I bet it won't be that warm when you are there. We had been so cold here in Idaho before we went that 75 felt like a heat wave although it was chilly every morning with lows in the thirties. I'm sure whatever you decide to do, you will have fun!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom