One of my favourite flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Andyc, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    I love orchids and have tried quite a few times to capture their beautiful flowers. I hope I am getting close with these. I have only cropped them.

orchid2.

Orchid1.

Best regards
    Andy

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    well think you nailed both of them.. only thing i say would make them better..is a solid back ground.. the line kind of takes away from them..

3. Oh my!! I really like the first one. The color and patterns are so beautiful. I think I will spend some time with orchids this summer! :biggrin:

Oops, sorry I forgot about the second image...Yes, a solid background would be beneficial. Although, I must say that I am not distracted by the vertical line in the first image, in fact, I like the shadow play.

4. Crystall are y'all talking about a PS solid background?? Orchid sheds are just full of sticks/lines that ruin shots.

5. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Thanks guys for your feedback. I'll pay attention to the background next time.
    I think I just couldn't take my eyes off the blooms.

Best regards
    Andy