One of my favourite flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Andyc, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    I love orchids and have tried quite a few times to capture their beautiful flowers. I hope I am getting close with these. I have only cropped them.

orchid2.

Orchid1.

Best regards
    Andy

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    well think you nailed both of them.. only thing i say would make them better..is a solid back ground.. the line kind of takes away from them..

3. Oh my!! I really like the first one. The color and patterns are so beautiful. I think I will spend some time with orchids this summer! :biggrin:

Oops, sorry I forgot about the second image...Yes, a solid background would be beneficial. Although, I must say that I am not distracted by the vertical line in the first image, in fact, I like the shadow play.

4. Crystall are y'all talking about a PS solid background?? Orchid sheds are just full of sticks/lines that ruin shots.

5. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Thanks guys for your feedback. I'll pay attention to the background next time.
    I think I just couldn't take my eyes off the blooms.

Best regards
    Andy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.