One of my first 28-70 images

Okey..calling it the beast is an underestimation. If that's even a word. It should be called the Fat Beast. My goodness...

anyway, I took it out for a spin in the forest.

How can it be sharp and smooth at the same time? I'm not sure my image is the right one to show it off with but, I like the photo so here it is:

p212068665.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D300, f/5.6, 1/125, ISO 1000,

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nuteshack

Sharp and Smooth ...that's it!!!

still the finest zoom for SKIN, imho....;-)))

the more I try to convince myself not to spend the kinda money for this lens, the more i want it :frown:

Thank you all,

it's sharp and yes, smooth! I'll love it, once I get used to the humongous size.

trublu, it would complement your collection quite well. ;-)

That's beautiful Linda. I haven't been following closely, so I don't know if this is a recent acquisition or not.

I've only heard great things about that lens. Are you using it to replace the 35-70? Or to have compatible focal lengths on 2 bodies? Curious, ain't I? :smile:

Thank you all! Some tricks in PS really enhanced the colors. It's nice being able to shoot in a dark forest at iso1000 and the shots still comes out looking great.

Rob, I'm replacing the 35-70 - I got this lens yesterday and...well, I shot 10 photos and I was quite baffled by it's incredible fast focus and rendering of the images. I already have a taker on the vintage lens! I'll miss it though! It's much smaller than this...cannon. I knew it was going to be big.. but....it seriously made my D300 look like a little toy. lol

I'll stick with one body for now...

Very nice, Linda! I'll bet it's stunning in the original image size, too.

Yeah, that lens is big, as are a lot of the newer ones. I'd really like to get a 14-24, but holy cats, is that thing huge!

That's great Linda. I'm lusting for a 24-70mm f/2.8 down the road as the eventual replacement for the 35-70mm. :smile:

Can't wait to see more from you with that lens.

Very nice, Linda! I'll bet it's stunning in the original image size, too.

Yeah, that lens is big, as are a lot of the newer ones. I'd really like to get a 14-24, but holy cats, is that thing huge!

Thank you, yeah the size put me off a little but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
I better work out harder!

That's great Linda. I'm lusting for a 24-70mm f/2.8 down the road as the eventual replacement for the 35-70mm. :smile:

Can't wait to see more from you with that lens.

Thank you Rob - keep an eye out in the people section! That's after all why I got it.

You would make a good pair with the 24-70!

Beautiful, Linda. You are getting quite the collection of lenses now.

Thank you Terri, i'm not done yet - I'd love to get a very wide lens as well.

But then, I'd like to move away from my 13" laptop and get a Mac desktop.

I have an expensive taste and a flat wallet. LOL

Latest threads

Top Bottom