One of my toughest pic rescues ever (before & after)

I have to add this disclaimer that I'm only an advanced beginner in PS, so there was probably an easier, more time-efficient way of doing this :wink:

As you can see in this untouched "before" shot, there was a lot of haze & unclarity in this pic, due to shooting through the fence. What I did was a very heavy "Local Contrast" treatment, then again on just the eyes, using a Quick Mask, with more saturation & contrast added to them as well. From there, I very lightly "painted" in my color where it was hazy or missing around it's ears. Also did a couple others things I've already forgotten about :oops: Spent a total of about 1 1/4 hrs on it, but am now fairly pleased with the results. I just couldn't let this pic go into the bin, since his intense stare was well worth saving imho. Your thoughts on this process?

The before shot:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The after shot:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Steve you did an awesome job. Your drawn right in to his eyes on that
retouch. I can't wait till I get to my computer (if the movers haven't
smashed it to pieces) and start editing mine.

The growl he made right after this shot,

Flew said:
Definitely worth the effort.
would've sent a chill down your spine. He was not at all happy with what I was doing, and would as soon have had me for dinner as look at me!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom