One of the funniest things I have read for ages.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob the Spiderman, Jun 21, 2007.

1. On another of the forums that I belong to we were talking about the different colours of male and female dragonflies. I commented about this as being a very common trait in Odonata and the next post from a member in South Africa came up with this aspect of Dimorphism.

I am sure you all recognise what you read and as I now have the author's permission to post/send it else where. I just hope you laugh as much as I did.
    :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LOL. Bob F.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dimorphism...

I can tell you a very funny story about that, here goes..

Years back I worked at a Pulp mill on the South Coast just outside a town called Umkomaas (Sea Cow in Zulu) Due to the distance away from the nearest large town (Amanzimtoti - "Sweet water" in Zulu (just thought you would like to know that)) the Mill had a number of buses to transport the workers to and fro.
    On our regular bus we had a larger than life character who always knew better, had the biggest etc etc (you know the type..) and this guys name was Norman.
    I used to read a lot on the bus to pass the time away while "big Norm" chattered away in the back of the bus, one morning he peered over my shoulder to look at my book on weapons which I was completely engrossed in. Big Norm then goes onto a long ramble on how he was doing a part time degree in philosophy and they were busy studying Freud at that moment. "Freudism states that if you are interested in weapons then you are a potential murderer" this comment draws a lot of laughs from the other passengers but makes me mad..
    "Norm, you suffer from orifice dimorphism" was my reply
    "whats that?"
    "Well in nature the giant kingfisher is dimorphic"
    "Whats dimorphic?"
    "Well in the giant Kingfisher, the female has a black breast and a russet belly while the male has a russet breast and a black belly - di morphic"
    "So whats that got to do with me..?"
    "Easy, your arse is where your mouth is and your mouth is where your arse is, everytime you open your mouth you talk ****.." - "so its called orifice dimorphism"
    Ol big Norm was not happy when the bus roared with laughter at this one..

Just remember, "orifice dimorphism" next time you come across a loud mouth.......

2. ROFL! SHHHH, don't wake up my family! ROFL! Oh that's a good one!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thats great Bob:>))))))))

4. That's truly a great one!

However, seen from the phylogenetic POV we all belong to this group. All Mammals are Deuterostomia.

If you don't kow what that means, Wikipedia will help :smile:

Cheers

5. Trust you to say this.:eek::eek:

Oh to be a professional entomologist. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Having said this I am very offended to assume you think of me as a sea cucumber or an acorn worm.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LOl Bob F.

6. Very funny.:biggrin:

7. Wha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

OMG! What a great one :biggrin:

8. Bob, your medication must be in tune now, or Pams is!!!

Stay tuned for Saturday !!!