One of the nerve centers of nazi Germany

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by DrJani, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Das IG Farben-Haus

[​IMG]
    Fisheye 10.5mm @ f/13, 1/200", ISO 100​

This building belonged to IG Farben, the largest chemical industry firm of its time, and it was the research center where for example the lethal gas for the concentration camps was developed. See the Wikipedia article for more information.

Of course, I just took a photo of it because I happened to be at the University of Frankfurt, and liked the building and the clouds. I only afterwards heard about its past. :eek: 

EDIT:

Please notice the C&C icon, which tells I wish to have some critical comments on the shot!

Do you hate my composition or PP (which wasn't much)? Should I have done more in PP? Would you like to see it in bw?

I want to know it all: good & bad :biggrin:

2. It was either the Disc. or History channel where they were saying how dauntingly haunted it was due to it's history.

3. Thanks for the comment Randy!

People really seem to think it's haunted. I can't tell as I was there only for a few minutes :wink:

4. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Since you asked for C&C, here's some thoughts. What are you feeling about the photo and what do you want to convey to the observer? Answers to those questions should help you evaluate the composition and PP.

Is the color of the road and grass how it looked or at least how you want it to look? Seems a little orange...

5. Thanks for the comment Karen!

The building is huge, and I wanted it to show in the picture. But even more, I wanted to capture the relaxed atmosphere I sensed there - very common for University areas. Now when I know the history of the building, I might have tried to get the building to look more threatening.

As for the color, it looked like in the picture. The road is gravel, and the grass had seen too much sun. Both are wet as there were some light showers during the morning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.