One of the OLDEST July 4th Parades (pics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taat2d, Jul 5, 2008.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    This parade for the 4th of July started in 1911. It's one of THE OLDEST July 4th parades in the country. IT's such a GREAT time, and GREAT to see this parade. Since moving to Staten Island it has become one of my families traditions!! If you get a chance to see this parade you should. If not for anything else but to thank all the verterans for what they've done for OUR GREAT COUNTRY!!!

You can read all about it's history here;
    http://www.travisparade.org/pages/main_frame.htm

parademarshall.gif

View attachment 221769

band.jpg

View attachment 221771

View attachment 221772

View attachment 221773

View attachment 221774

View attachment 221775

View attachment 221776

View attachment 221777

View attachment 221778

View attachment 221779

View attachment 221780

View attachment 221781

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008
  2. That looks like a super cool parade!
    Nice captures, thanks!

3. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx Carlton. The parade is absolutely incredible. The people that put it on, that are in it and are there just to watch, are like one big family. It's such a nice thing to see people from all walks of like come together for something joyous and fun.

4. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Those are really nice pictures of a wonderful parade. I love the 4th of July parades and events that go on around the country, especially in small town America.

Keeping with that, if we're going to talk about old parades and Independence Day celebrations, I'll have to brag about my town, as it has the oldest continually running Ind. Day celebration in the country, going back to 1813.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lititz,_Pennsylvania

GMQ_5257.gif

View attachment 221785

View attachment 221786

5. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    WOW!!! 1813 that's AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanx for posting your parade images Glenn.

6. Excellent captures and images!

Joe,

Great post - your pictures have come a long way since you first started posting here - great stuff and the picture of your son looking at the Parade is really great - print it and frame it that's a keeper for sure :smile:

7. Looks like fun!!! :smile: I took a ton of pics of the parade we went to yesterday (tons and tons o' fire trucks). Despite the rain and drizzle, it was a great time.

Joe, your pictures are really improving. You did a nice job of getting down to the level in many of these. :smile:

8. joe
    well done
    nice to see that old parade still going strong
    very, very nice

9. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Dude you have no idea what you compliment means to me!!

Gretchen you too have me floating on cloud nine today!!
    Greg thank you!! The parade is really nice, especially seeing the Veterans, and how EVERYONE claps and cheers for them, and THANKS them as they pass.

10. Joe,

Great set of shots!
    Love the one of your son with the girl in the red gingham dress.
    Quite the little lady's man already! :biggrin:

11. Nice series Joe! You definitely captured the feeling of the parade. I really like #7. You caught a very nice, natural moment there.

12. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Glenn, thank you very much. My boy is quite the lady's man!! He knew that lil girl for 5 minutes, and had her holding his hand and by her side the WHOLE day!! :cool:

Thanx Larry! Much appreciated. That's my beautiful wife feeding my Princess.