1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

One Point Four

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Phillip Ino, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    85mm AIS. It's much harder trying to MF at 1.4, but I do like the results so far :smile:

2790751924_e2ac20496a_b.

2789864959_0baa672267_b.

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I have really gotta stop opening these 85/1.4 threads, there's only so much I can take before I just break down and buy one...

Two nice shots Francis, I'm sure that MFing is something that you'll get used to in time

3. tfenne

tfenne

Apr 10, 2008
    Cambridge, MA
    Really like #2 Francis! Is that shot at 1.4 though? There seems to be quite a bit of DOF there. As Robert says, I'm sure you'll get used to the MF'ing. I've got a 50/1.2 AIS that I love, and manual focusing that is also pretty tough. I'm getting better but still pretty reliant on the little green dot when shooting wider than F2.8.

4. I agree that #2 is very well done, good job on the focus. I have a harder time using MF now than I did 20 years ago when I started this hobby lol.

5. #2, Superb, nice shot.

6. #2 is amazing!

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Tim! Yep, shot at 1.4 :smile:.

8. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Well, it is a challenge, but the built-in rangefinder does help a bit. :wink:

9. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, George and Sonya :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.