One Point Four

85mm AIS. It's much harder trying to MF at 1.4, but I do like the results so far :smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have really gotta stop opening these 85/1.4 threads, there's only so much I can take before I just break down and buy one...

Two nice shots Francis, I'm sure that MFing is something that you'll get used to in time

Really like #2 Francis! Is that shot at 1.4 though? There seems to be quite a bit of DOF there. As Robert says, I'm sure you'll get used to the MF'ing. I've got a 50/1.2 AIS that I love, and manual focusing that is also pretty tough. I'm getting better but still pretty reliant on the little green dot when shooting wider than F2.8.

I agree that #2 is very well done, good job on the focus. I have a harder time using MF now than I did 20 years ago when I started this hobby lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really like #2 Francis! Is that shot at 1.4 though? There seems to be quite a bit of DOF there. As Robert says, I'm sure you'll get used to the MF'ing. I've got a 50/1.2 AIS that I love, and manual focusing that is also pretty tough. I'm getting better but still pretty reliant on the little green dot when shooting wider than F2.8.
Thanks, Tim! Yep, shot at 1.4 :smile:.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree that #2 is very well done, good job on the focus. I have a harder time using MF now than I did 20 years ago when I started this hobby lol.
Well, it is a challenge, but the built-in rangefinder does help a bit. :wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom