One shot, processed differently - which is best??

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I continue to try to fine tune my PP. Here is a shot that I took last Thursday, processed two very slightly different ways. I would greatly appreciate your opinion as to which is better. Also, I would appreciate your thoughts as too why if you don't mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Frank

2. Frank, I don't see a lot of difference between these two great images. The first one seems to have slightly more detail in the birds' feathers and feet.

What did you do differently?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. I think that #1 has more clarity and brightness IMO. I would say that the gamma is slightly higher giving it more brilliance.

4. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I'd also go with #1 - just prefer the slightly darker and greener grass in the background. But, on another shot or different circumstances I might prefer the #2 approach.

Neil

5. Frank,

The second shot looks a tad brighter. I am partial to brighter looking pictures though. :) :) :)

6. I liek #1 the colors seem more true to life and the detail int he feathers better.. great job

7. The seond one. The first appears to have a bit more (over) saturation or a slight red cast.

Rich

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    After staring at them for a bit they look alike. So much for my help :>))

Great shot. Both, either way.

9. First off, best of luck with fine-tuning your PP....... :wink:

Here are my 17 cents worth.

In #1, as others have noted, the detail in the bodies and feathers is a bit better, richer and more deatils I think.

In #2, I like the heads of the birds much better, the "lighter" treatment brings out the eye much better.

If it were me, I'd tried to find an "in-between". If not, because I like to see eyes, I would take #2.

In any case, I would not call either "yucky".