1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

One with the 14-24...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by gnagel, Aug 10, 2009.

1. I revisited the "new" swamp here in Orland Park, Illinois. The swamp was recently created when a road was built near this area. It's actually a water retention pond.

#1 (D700 and 14-24)
    p738327580-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Same scene, different day, different light...
    p397816075-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
    Glenn

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
  2. LynnTX

LynnTX

Jun 23, 2008
    Texas
    Interesting. Looks like a resort for mosquitos. :smile:

3. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice work Glen........definitely a breathing ground for those mosquitos.

4. Thanks...I suspect that the Village is dealing with the mosquito problem at this location. I haven't seen one yet--thankfully.

Glenn

5. Thank you Mark

6. excellent! This is the one lens that actually makes you feel like you are there. So Sharp across the frame

7. Thanks Dom...it is an amazing lens.

Glenn

8. I was on the fence of this lens or watiing for the new 70-200....

I would surely have more fun with this lens and the images it produces are so unique that they stand out when viewed in a gallery of assorted images. The 70-200 sure is a great optic can the images are very common....

But, reality sunk in and money is tighter than ever...at least I know which lens I would get first if I had to choose.

9. lovD300

lovD300

Feb 25, 2008
    Canada
    I love the first one.. I can feel the clouds moving!
    Thanks for sharing...

10. It really all depends on your style. I enjoy the 14-24, but for my type of photograpy (I tend to shoot telephoto far more often than wide angle), my choice would be the 70-200. Both are great lenses...but for completely different purposes.

Glenn

11. Thanks Rob...

I blended three exposures to create this image. The fact that the clouds were actually moving between exposures might have actually helped the photo!

Glenn

12. Glenn, love #1, the cloud and the reflection. But where is the mosquito? I must have missed it!!

13. Thanks Andrew...

Fortunately, I have not seen a mosquito all summer!

Glenn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.