OneModelPlace question...

Discussion in 'People' started by KB9NDF, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Is anyone here a member of OMP? The weather is getting better here and I'm itching to get out and shoot some pictures. I found a model that is litterally in my neighborhood (based on the zipcode listed), and I'm trying to see if I can get ahold of her.

Thank you

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well, I've been with OMP (#85214), for going on 3 yrs, but I can't figure out what the heck your question is! :confused:

3. Hey Steve - I saw a model on onemodelplace that said she would work on a "TFCD basis". Can anyone translate for me? :smile: Thanks!

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    TFCD, or more commonly, TFP, is a generic term meaning that they would be willing to give their time in front of the camera in exchange for a CD with her pics on it. TFP means they would do same for prints. What I do is give them web sized images for their page, then a few prints if they want them too.

5. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Non paying members can't send site based email and there is no contact information allowed in the users profile. I think he's asking if one of us members would contact the model on his behalf.

I am a member, but contact like this is usually not considered proper etiquette. Any reason for not joining at the Bronze level to use the site?

6. A couple of weeks ago I had an incident that accumulated nearly $30K in medical expenses in less than 24 hours. OMP membership (or membership anywhere at any level) isn't really an option at this time. I realize that for non-models the fee is $10/yr, but between the constraints of time and buying a new BMW for some doctors, well the decision got made for me.

Part of my curiousity was if members can see additional information or options that non-members cannot. Similar to the buy/sell forum here.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I believe Model Mayhem is free. You might want to check into a membership there. I actually use it more than OMP.

8. Don't bother with OMP... the place has really gone downhill in the past couple years. I was a member there when it was relatively new and it was a very vibrant community with active forums. I dropped out for about a year and went back for a few months and gave up. It's over at OMP unless you like feeding that cash cow.

Model Mayhem is free and a very active community of advanced amateurs and semi-pros. Model Place was the place for working models but there's not much action there... very small community.

I've found Model Mayhem to be the best bet.

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Try Model Mayhem. I am shooting with 2 MM models this week. I have found MM to be better than OMP - more models in my area, and Steve is right, it is free. Good luck! :smile: