ONE'S Gotta GO - White Lightnin or SB-600

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by W.Ditto, May 8, 2007.

1. need some input here.....I have a set of the White Lightnin' 10,000 units (2) with the built-in slave units, modeling lites, everything....BUT also have the two SB-600 units that work in studio as well.....don't need both, which do y'all think I should put on For Sale forum....I enjoy the strength of the Paul Buff stuff (guide number of f/22 at asa 100) , but the SB-600 are nice and do "double duty" on cameras as well, and have the iTTL asset........woe is me, which should I let go ?
    any ideas will be appreciated...
    thanks
    dit

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Tough question - but then again, I have 4 AB studio strobes and 4 Nikon Speedlights . . . I guess it just depends what you do most of. If your lighting needs are mainly studio-based, I'd keep the WL's in a heartbeat.

3. Same thing here.....

I've got 3 AB lights, 3 Elinchrom 600RX lights, and 4 SB-800s. Just sold two Studio Pro lights, and still have two AC/DC left.

I say keep them all.

GenoP

4. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    I agree with Geno...definitely keep them all.

In the studio you can use the WL's as main and fill and the SB's as hair light, back light etc.

Need a quick, portable setup for location? Grab the SB's two stands/umbrellas and run.

There's no such thing as too much lighting gear.....and lenses, and bodies, and bags, and.........does it ever end? :wink:

5. calm down Ray....no, you're right - you can't have too much, I just hate to see them sitting there and not being used; I guess it's different with the SB600 because it's in a bag and not glaring at you all the time, but they just seem wasted sitting there....now, lenses? you betcha, gotta have them all.....I think I'll let the studio lites go and stay with the flashes.....
    thanks
    dit

6. Now that you're coming into a cash windfall, consider getting a third flash, and an SU800 to control each as a seperate group! With an SU800, you'll never have to menu dive or lower a light stand to adjust the power on a flash again :cool:.

I just love helping other people spend their money :biggrin:.

7. There's your answer. Sell what you don't use.

8. Frank, already have 'em.....
    Woody, you are right, it's just so hard to see toys go.....

thanks y'all

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007
  9. NO! Really? :biggrin:

Best way to get past the post-partum is to... BUY NEW TOYS!