Online manual for SB800 flash??? update: GOT IT, Thanks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOLady, Aug 19, 2005.

1. I'm shooting a wedding tomorrow and the father of the groom, Bernie Heins of Nextphoto, is loaning me his flash unit to use (he won't be using it in a tux, his wife will kill him if he picks up a camera during the ceremony!! *LOL*). I just want to make sure I'm up to speed and Bernie couldn't find his manual. Anyone can help please!!!???[/b]

2. Sandi, I doubt that your Fuji has iTTL mode so just shoot in TTL. I use the manual or aperature setting on my camera and control the background by metering on that and setting the EV according to what I want. The flash will take care of you subject. If you have a white ceiling, point your flash at that and pull up your little white card. That gives great fill and puts a nice catchlight in the eyes.

Sorry I can't help you with an on line manual for the flash. If you have specific questions I would be glad to answer them.

3. Thanks so much, Ray, exactly what I needed. I just knew someone here would come through for me.

Thanks Gordon, I'll keep your suggestions in mind. Not sure yet if we have outdoor or indoor wedding at the moment :( I almost always shoot aperture priority and I'll just dial the flash up or down as required. I'm shooting almost all fill flash so I don't overpower, and also have a diffuser dome so will work with that. Good thing Bernie is a very laid back guy - he keeps telling me not to stress the whole thing but it's just my nature!! *LOL*

If I used flash more I'd get one of these SB800's (using SB22s right now) but for me it would be a complete waste of money as it would only come out of the bag once or twice a year at most. I just don't do flash - swans and herons are quite acceptable of natural lighting - they've never complained! *LOL*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.