Online photo hosting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by triangular, Sep 19, 2005.

1. I have a few different places I keep stuff around the net, but not one primary place that hosts everything for me. Looking around I see people using PhotoBucket, PBase, Smugmug, etc. What do you use and why? I'm still looking.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Christian,

I'm using smugmug and have been very happy. They essentially have unlimited storage, and seem to be very reliable. If you want, you can use my discount code and save yourself $5 (and get me a credit towards my next year's membership :wink:). It is: qJuD7ovacn23c

3. Thanks Flew, I appreciate that. I haven't made a choice yet. Right now I'm doing research and comparing different services and options. I'm also weighing one of these choices against finally just focusing on a personal web site, which would serve me all the hosting necessary. You would not believe how many corners of the Web I'm living on and just how many gigs of data I'm already storing, with none of it consolidated. But I'm thinking a photo site with easy to use templates and password options for the viewing public would just be so much easier for me. I will let you know if I end up using smugmug with your promotional code.

4. JordanLFW

JordanLFW Guest

Heres another vote for smugmug...Excellent service, very easy and organized. I love it.

5. I use Pbase and like it. There are many different styles that you can use to display your images and it is a high traffic site.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I subscribe to Pbase and it has served me well. The price was reasonable and the site is easy to set up and navigate through.