Online Photo shopping cart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allan, Aug 7, 2007.

1. I print my own photos and sell them online. Presently, I am using EOS template which I like - except - when a customer enters an item into the shopping cart for a gallery he/she must place the order before looking at another gallery or the cart empties. If a customer want sto order from 2 galleries - he/she must place 2 orders.

The developer said a multi gallery cart would be in version 3 - he has been saying that for over a year - but recently said he gave up trying to accomplish that for various reasons.

Do any of you host your own galleries and print the images you sell? If you have a shopping cart to allow customers to order online, what do you use? I want to pay just once, no monthly or yearly fees.

Any ideas?

2. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    A number of sites, including PhotoShelter, MorePhotos, Collages.Net, Photoreflect, and many more will host your photos, take orders, etc but still allow you to do the fulfillment yourself. But if you are looking for a one time payment then I dunno.

3. Right - I want a one time payment where I am in control 100% with everything on my server.

4. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    Allan,
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've been using the EOS template without problem for about 2 years. I need the multi gallery cart also. The closest thing that I could find is ezphotosalesis fixing to become aftershutter. I installed it on my website as a trial and it is similar to the EOS template just easier picture upload and a multi-gallery cart.

The only hang up that I had is that it used the paypal shopping cart vs their own. I thought and asked the guy that developed the EOS if using the paypal cart vs the EOS cart would allow multi gallery buying and he said yes. However you would loose the EOS cart features. I am going to email him to see if he could create the script to use the paypal cart and see how clumsy/ awkward it is .

Let know if you find something.
    Larry

5. Larry, I am a bit confused. You must have seen the post I replied to on other solutions. I would like to keep using iMedia Pro to create my galleries. Are you saying that if I bought ezphoto sales I could integrate it into EOS so I get the same look I have now and have the right-click disabled?

What are the EOS cart features you would lose? I personally just accept PayPal so other payment options aren't important to me.

Do you have a site up using a trial version on ezphotos integrated with EOS?

Let me know if you email Peter and what he says about making a script.

6. Larry,

Peter at EOS is close to having a multi-gallery site that uses the PayPal cart.