Only 1 4 Cards

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by MIG_at_Mid-Illini, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Our first day of shooting baseball. We needed some practice before we have our fun with the Mid-Illini conference and our PSO "work" doing SHG Sports so we went to Jupiter and had fun with a Marlin - Card game at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter.

This group was shot with a D50 @ ISO 800 1.4 TC and a Quantaray 28-105 . My "like new" Bigma arrived while I was at the game. (I left the D200 and all the real glass at home in Illinois because of the possible hassles at airports.)

Here is the complete set done with the D50:

And here is the first 7 innings I shot with a Nikon cp8800 -- wasn't sure they would allow my D50 in -- it was at the bottom of the briefcase with the CPix8800 on top.

All of the CoolPix8800 images are here:

Please comment to get us better and ready for the high school kids!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  2. i only looked at the posted pic:
    this pic has tons of potential, a slide at home, a bat and a ball...
    focus is fuzzy and the pic is to dark
    watch your ss to freeze the action
    chk the histogram to make sure you have enuf light
    take time focusing on the eyes
  3. TKS for the comment. FYI -- it was shot at 1/2000 f5.6 ISO 800 with the TC on the Quantaray 28-105. ALSO- I only uploaded a 550 max length/width as my sons dsl is too slow for me.

I shoot near 100% of the time in manual .. chimping in the hotspot mode so I can see what is overexposed. The game ws played with a lot of angels (scattered clouds) and this was one when the cloud got me.

Yesterday was with the $50 lens, today was with the BIGMA and even some TC towards the end added just for fun 355 feet from home plate in right field. Again the images are only 550 pixels wide/high. Next week we are going into tampa and hopefully have a faster connection. Probably will have to "cruise" and park in front of a public library.

The Dodger - Marlin game with the BIGMA and TC is HERE:
    1/3200 f6.3 ISO800