Only keeper today: Egret Jump shot

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
My sole keeper was this Egret jump shot, and I didn't even use my own camera and lens.

I had put mine away just so TimO could get some shots since we hadn't really seen anything much this morning, (Murphy's law you know) As soon as the camera was in the bag, pelicans started taking off nearby, and this Egret was on my side of the vehicle so Tim gave me his D200 with 300f4 AFS with 1.4 attached and I grabbed this quick shot.

Pretty much right out of the camera, sharpened for web, with the usual bird settings I use all the time and thankfully that Tim had set up on his camera so I felt right at home.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wade

Well I guess I won't be using the excuse of a faulty camera anymore:frown:THANKS WADE :smile: now everybody will know its the operator:biggrin:Had a great time out with ya this morning and hey nice capture:smile:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Great "snag" for a quickie impromptu shot!
thanks Nick

Well I guess I won't be using the excuse of a faulty camera anymore:frown:THANKS WADE :smile: now everybody will know its the operator:biggrin:Had a great time out with ya this morning and hey nice capture:smile:
glad to help you out buddy! :biggrin:

Nice Keeper!
thanks Ben, much appreciated.

Great shot
Sometimes that makes the best shot
Grab and shoot
yep, nothing like spontanious photos.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Very nice shot, Wade. Tim, nice assist. :smile:
Thanks Dave, was a great assist, although after i showed him the shot, the vehicle started lurching more when I was shooting! :biggrin: :wink: Just my luck on my side of the vehicle.

I had forgotten how easy the 300 F4 with a 1.4 is to shoot and hold compared to the 200-400.

Yep, you get the points and Tim gets an assist. Great image!
Thanks for the look,

Wade

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Nice capture Wade and kudos to Tim for sharing. Good thing you weren't with me. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom