onOne announces Perfect Photo Suite 9

onOne has announced Perfect Photo Suite 9, Premium and Basic, for late October release.

Official info:

Perfect Photo Suite 9 adds lightning-fast Raw previews, re-editable files, improved selection tools and more

Portland, Oregon, September 2, 2014 — onOne Software has announced Perfect Photo Suite 9, an updated version of its photo editing and effects app for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. Included in the new release are many significant performance and feature improvements, all designed to help you streamline your photo-editing tasks, so you can spend more time shooting and less time processing your photos.

Among the key enhancements in Perfect Photo Suite 9 are:

An overhauled Browse module, which adds lightning-fast previews of RAW files; new rating, ranking and keyword tools; and sophisticated filtering capabilities. These features are designed to help you cull and sort through photos quickly after a shoot, without having to wait for previews to be generated. You can then edit your photos using the Suite, or can easily send them to a secondary photo tool like Adobe Photoshop Lightroom or Apple Aperture — with metadata and keywords intact.

A new Smart Photo feature, which lets you re-edit your photos — with previous settings intact — after saving and closing them. All of your editing steps are saved with a Smart Photo, so you can make subtle (or major) changes to a photo at a later date, while preserving the Photoshop file format for compatibility.

To help you create better selections, all the masking and selection tools have been improved and integrated throughout the Suite’s modules. And, Perfect Layers and Perfect Mask have been combined into a single module, streamlining the process of compositing photos.

We’ve also added a new Quick Mask brush: run it over an area that you want to select (or remove), and a detailed mask is automatically created. This is perfect for replacing backgrounds or adding a custom look to part of your photo.
You asked for it, we added it: noise reduction is now part of the Suite. Reduce noise in your photos while maintaining important details. You can even selectively apply noise reduction to different parts of a photo, such as the shadows or highlights.

A new Lens Flare filter in Perfect Effects lets you get that popular “shot into the sun” look and add flares ranging from subtle to bold.
Faster image processing; filters and presets now load up to 30 percent faster than in previous versions.

There are many more new features and enhancements found in Perfect Photo Suite 9, including Retina display support; an improved automatic tone algorithm, for quickly making your photos bright and clear; better crop and level tools; an enhanced Perfect Brush, updated to work on soft edges and semi-transparent objects; printing capabilities; better batch rename options; and much more.

About the Suite
onOne’s Perfect Photo Suite is a full-featured photo editor that works either as a plug-in editor to Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom and Aperture, or as a standalone application. In any workflow, the Suite provides all the necessary tools for editing your photos, improving portraits, adding popular looks in color or black and white, resizing for large-format printing, and making complex selections with minimal effort.

Our open system allows access to your photos no matter where they are stored: your computer, your network, or on cloud-based storage services. We support all of the key online storage services, including Dropbox, iCloud Photo Stream, Google Drive, and Microsoft’s OneDrive.

Availability and pricing
Perfect Photo Suite 9 will be available in late October 2014, in two versions: Premium and Basic. The Premium edition supports Photoshop CC, CC 2014, and CS6; Lightroom 5 and 4; Photoshop Elements 12, 11 and 10; and Apple Aperture 3, and has an introductory price of $129.95. The Basic edition, which does not have plug-in support, is $79.95. For a limited time, owners of earlier versions of the Perfect Photo Suite can upgrade to Premium for just $89.95.

Thanks for this info. I've been using OnOne's suite for a number of versions now. Do you know whether Version 9 will support CS5? And will it run under Windows 7?

Thanks!

You're welcome Bert! From the info above under "Availability and pricing" it doesn't look like CS5 is supported, but surely Windows 7 with one of the supported hosts would be.

However, the Basic version seems to be standalone (whereas the Premium is both standalone and plug-in), so maybe there's hope for that configuration on older systems. I will contact them and ask.

PS: I was in Glens Falls back in 1980, beautiful town ;-)

I like using OnOne's Suite in plug-in mode, not standalone. Version 8 forced me to finally upgrade to Windows 7.

I have no plans of upgrading Photoshop to CS6 or CC. Strange that they would support an "old" version of LR (4), and go back 2 versions of Elements, but not an "old" version of CS (5).

Thanks for looking into it.

EDIT: Glens Falls is still a beautiful town (at least in spring, summer and fall). :) Thanks!

Sounds interesting, but right now Suite 8 is crashing on me often. Photoshop is fairly stable.
Perfect Suite 8.5.1 does not seem to like TIF files, especially when there are large transparent areas. Sometimes it crashes with not one single photo being edited. Their "product support" team is more interested in finding out why I want pixel density higher than 300ppi (DUH! My PRINTER goes higher than that!), rather than trying to find out why their product is crashing.

Not sure if it's worth the upgrade.

Bill, I don't do onOne support, but I'm curious about your system specs (OS, RAM, available HD space, etc.). I'd also be curious to play with one of your TIFFs on my own system to see if there's any difference.

I,be been using onone suite 8 with LR 5 and like it, but I'm not sure if I will upgrade. The upgrade price seems kind of steep, considering the changes they've made. I'll have to wait and see.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom