Oooh! That Leica Modul-R...

R

Removed User 2

What a lovely camera.

I used to be in the Leica system and if there's a system that would make me switch in a second, it would be the Modul-R... What a feel. Wow!!! :shock:

I never liked AF. The D2H makes me a bit happier but Manual focusing, with the right lenses, gives so much more room to compose a picture the way it should be done. And the mechanical feel... with absolutely no shutter lag, Man, do I miss that.

I know Nikon will eventually come out with a FM3 (F3 or whatever name you want to give it) camera and that is the day I will really be the happiest photographer. Small, mechanical feel, ultra strong, heavy enough... Can't ask for more except more manual lenses :D

Just hope I'm not dreaming.... I just hate this whole "Canon" culture (ultra sophisticated whizigoozees that actually brings you way back in all photography aspects).

Here's the link:

http://www.leica-camera.com/digitalekameras/digitalmodul/index_e.html

Real Name
Chris
Haven't they been talking about that since... like, the last millenium?

I too would love a manual dSLR. I'd want it to be SMALL though. Way smaller than any of Nikon's current dSLRs. And put a decent finder on it forcrissake!

R

Removed User 2

Chris... For some reason, I was absolutely sure you'd reply to this thread... :wink:

Yup, change that focusing screen! :evil:

K

kengo

I found this on the net a long time ago:

fm2d.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kengo said:
I found this on the net a long time ago:

fm2d.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Where can I buy one - hope it's not overpriced like that Epson digital rangefinder camera. :lol:

Westlake Village, Ca. and 20 mi NW of Prescott, Az
NB23 said:
What a lovely camera.

I used to be in the Leica system and if there's a system that would make me switch in a second, it would be the Modul-R... What a feel. Wow!!! :shock:

I never liked AF. The D2H makes me a bit happier but Manual focusing, with the right lenses, gives so much more room to compose a picture the way it should be done. And the mechanical feel... with absolutely no shutter lag, Man, do I miss that.

I know Nikon will eventually come out with a FM3 (F3 or whatever name you want to give it) camera and that is the day I will really be the happiest photographer. Small, mechanical feel, ultra strong, heavy enough... Can't ask for more except more manual lenses :D

Just hope I'm not dreaming.... I just hate this whole "Canon" culture (ultra sophisticated whizigoozees that actually brings you way back in all photography aspects).

Here's the link:

http://www.leica-camera.com/digitalekameras/digitalmodul/index_e.html

You better be willing to back the Brinks truck up to the shop for this one.

JohnG

I don't think about it much, but I really really miss manual focusing too.

So, why can't someone figure out how to mount a split screen in the D2 series? That would be an improvement right there. Seems the finder is just bright enough to pull it off. Maybe pop on that flip up magnifier if you really need it.

JAM

Leica is supposed to announce the availability of the digital M body in a few months. Now THAT is what I'm waiting for.

R

Removed User 2

You know, this lens lust is really caused because of a big, huge hole in a system.

I have these 14 Nikon lenses while I could really only settle with 3 in a Leica system (or in a true Nikon manual system).

28, 50 and 90mm. Nothing else.

It was always like that. In my Leica days I used to walk around with the 50 and be perfectly happy. I never ever questioned the lens or the "what ifs"... The camera was all scratched and the more it was knocked, the more I felt it was a part of me. I was holding a piece of me. "I have a Leica" was purely enough. It was magic.

This is what I miss the most: A camera in which I see myself. A machine... This is also why I own the D2H: Rugged, undestructible, film-like rendered images (tones, noise: call it whatever you like). The funniest part, the D2H has virtually no shutter lag and it took them 10 years into the AF world to come up with those specs while a Leica M or R never had any shutter lag.

Yup, I can't wait for a Nikon F3D type of camera. I feel this is the camera that will finally really tune me into photography the way it should be and not drive me into spec-sheets and lens lusting. Just shoot and shoot and kill the camera with satisfaction.

When the Modul-R hits the market, I'll probably buy it with a single 50mm lens. Just a question of really getting into the core of photography, there where it matters.

Latest threads

Top Bottom