Ooops....

Real Name
Chris
Is the color temperature on the x axis the setting of the camera or the color of the light? If the latter, then I am confused.

PS aggressive, welcome to the cafe. I suspect the mechanics of posting is giving you some trouble (as it looks as if you've posted in the wrong place.) PM me if you need help, or go to the New Members Introductions and let everybody know you are here.

Chris101 said:
Is the color temperature on the x axis the setting of the camera or the color of the light? If the latter, then I am confused.

"X" axis is colour temperature as it is set in the camera.

Real Name
Chris
Thanks Iliah! This graph makes sense to me then. In fact the propensity of the D2h to blow out under tungsten illumination shows up. This suggests that the D2x should do well indoors, or with or really, with any color fidelity, as it's primary colors (two of 'em anyway) are the closest to being the same intensity of any of these cameras.

Real Name
Chris
It's midnight thirty, and I'm working on my last beer.

I see - I missed that. But it follows - when I think of the spectrum as a teeter-totter with red at one end, blue at the other and the green fulcrum in the middle. Increasing red makes blue decrease BECAUSE green is constant. Then I remember that white balance has color temperature AND tint, so it is probably a floppy tetter-totter at best.

Would ya believe this isn't the first time green has messed me up. That's why I don't even believe in it anymore. ;) :D

In an attempt to correct a Spam problem, I inadvertently split this post.

Sorry. :oops:

Latest threads

Top Bottom