Oops, butterfingers !

Had to happen. :(

Dropped it - smash tinkle crash. My D70 hit the floor (carpetted - small relief) from a height of about 0.5 m. I was sat on a chair and dropped it when passing it to a friend, or should I say ex-friend ! Anyhow the 70-200 was too much for the bayonet and it simply ripped all the boyonet mounting screws out of the body and also jammed the mirror up.

Lens looks OK - D70 is a mess. :(

Sent it off to Nikon UK for an estimate this morning.

I miss my camera.

:(

oh gawd, I feel your pain. How horrible. Got any point and shoots you can reacquaint yourself with in the meantime?

Sorry to hear this Simon. Even though my gear is insured, I have nightmares about dropping it. :?

Simon, so sorry to hear the terrible news. We all learn from the misfortunes of others and we all benefit from the message sent. But it hurts to know that one of our own is side-lined because of an unfortunate occurance. Hope the repair bill is reasonable and you are back shooting real soon.

HOW MUCH !

Got the repair bill through :shock:

Take a guess, a wild stab in the dark (which coincidentally is what I will be getting from my wife if the insurance doesn't cover it)

£313.75

ouch, Ouch OUCH !

Now where did I leave my insurance documents.....

I was surely tempted - hopefully the insurance won't be too long arriving.

I so miss not having my camera though - so far the events missed include :

Wifes Birthday
3 Firework displays
1 Carnival procession
1 Buzzard landing on a telephone pole 30 feet away
2 Family barbecues

:cry:

It's back - woooohoooooooooo !!!!!!

Its all shiny and new looking as well. I think I may have to take some time off work to get re-aquainted. Today is a good day.

The light at the end of the tunnel has either been turned on or a train is coming !

Latest threads

Top Bottom