Oops. I did it again.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by cwilt, Oct 20, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I just added the 85mm F1.4 to my growing list. This should round out my prime portrait list nicely.

Sample shoots look wonderful. :smile:

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    LOL, you crack me up, wasn't it just a day or two ago that you were bragging about not having any more lens lust? :wink: Not that I have any room talk given my buying habits this year.

Looking forward to seeing some portraits of that cute daughter of yours with the 85 1.4.

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    It wasn't LUST this time, it was NEED. I could not handhold the 105/2 DC with slow shutter speed the way I wanted to. In good light I will still use the 105. The 85/1.4 should give me the wiggle room I need for the poor lighting conditions that I have been doing my B&W images in.

Combined with the 50/1.4 it should make for a dynamic duo for low light portrait work. :smile:

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

6. jbm007

jbm007

Sep 5, 2005
    I have sinned

I just took delivery of a 200mm f/2 vr Nikon lens from Cameta Camera.
    :biggrin: I just can't help my self. Should I go buy a pair of shoes for my wife to offset this grief????

7. You guys are just wonderful. It's so comforting seeing that I am not alone.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Stop It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I told you lens lust did not stop. Just buying did.
    Now you have gone and done it :>)))

10. Hi C,

Congratulations on the lens. I know what it is like to have this lens. I have it myself and love it. It will complement my 50mm 1.8 lens. So now the only other lens I want is the 60 micro. Damn this lens lust is killing me. I have 5000.00 coming to me and I can't keep buying photo equipment because I will be broke and I have bills to pay. I definitly have lens lust.

11. LOL Gale, you crack me up!
    Way to go Charles.
    I wnat that lens too, just realized I have spent more this year than I had to spend, sorta a government thingy "deficit"
    Dave

12. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Y'all crack me up. :biggrin: LOL

It may be time to sell some of the ones I don't use any more. Where does one look for prices? KEH?

What is so great about this lens? It all a blur to me. :wink:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2005
  13. Lens Prices you say. Just contact me and I will give you the going rates. :smile:

And I have been waiting patiently for more night shots with titles!!!

Come-on Wilt what is going on. Post some pics please. :wink:

14. You'll be amazed at the shots you produce the more you use this lens. Congrats!!

15. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the "at-a-boy's". Iliah directed me to do some shots by candle light last night. I will say that F1.4 has some magic in the image. This is going to be fun. :smile:

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

17. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Paul,

Are you ill? Stop being nice to me. It gives me the creeps. LOL

18. RedFox

RedFox Guest

You're already used to my ignorant questions, Paul...but...is it REALLY REALLY really worth that much more money for an 85 mm 1.4 lens vs. an 85 mm 1.8 lens? I can't imagine the extra stop does that much...so is it just the quality of the glass?

(ducking for cover in Nashville)
    MaryE