Oostvleteren

Been a while since I last posted some b&w images.
These are actually the result of two errors on my part :rolleyes:
First, I left a yellow filter on a lens and second, I didn't look before mounting the lens.
(rangefinder system so, no view through the lens when taking photos)
Film is Portra 400 but with yellow filter, easiest way to solve is to process to b&w.

1. cute a this might look, this was actually a sign on a butcher's shop that meat from horses was also available :oops:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appreciated, Mike! Thank you!

Not all of them have or had horse meat available.
Horse meat has know a rather peculiar history.
Going from food for "wannabes" - not wanting to admit they lacked the money to buy beef - over power food to kind of an alternative source of meat.
The first situation was up till one or two generations before me. Horse meat was still considered a power food was when I grew up. Horse meat is richer in iron.
The alternative source started with the appearance of the "mad cow" disease -> Creutzfeldt-Jacobs. Horses are not bread for their meat and therefore are getting other kinds of food. Let's say cleaner. Not containing other dead animal remains.
So for those not interested in ingesting the prions causing Creuzfeldt-Jacobs, horses and game were a good alternative.
Nowadays less and less people are still eating meat.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom