Opanda and the S5

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Donzo98, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Does Opanda work with the S5 jpg's? Looking to add one... and want check actuations.

Don

2. jmmtn4aj

jmmtn4aj

Apr 12, 2007
    Singapore
    Add one..? Opanda is an EXIF viewer, it reads EXIF information regardless of brand. If the S5 records shutter actuations in the EXIF field, then Opanda should show it.

3. Does Opanda work with the Mac platform? If so, I haven't been able to find that!

4. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. md0234

md0234 Guest

Opanda only works with Windoze machines according to their website. Since you are using Mac though, I think its worth taking advantage of Safari as its one of the only browsers that recognises colour profiles - assuming the person putting the image online has embedded one, which most do when they are posted to photography websites.

I personally prefer Firefox for some things, plus Safari seems to be a little bit of a memory hog, but if you have a calibrated monitor, it seems only beneficial to see the images the way the person intended as it makes a huge difference if I open an image with an embedded profile in Safari and Firefox, they most often look very different because Firefox like all Windows browsers is just guessing at the colours.

Now its not an EXIF editor, but Firefox has a viewer already and Safari has one kindly created by Jeffrey Friedl, which shows absolutely an incredible amount of data. Its available at http://regex.info/blog/other-writings/online-exif-image-data-viewer/

6. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I am looking to add an S5 to my stable... not Opanda. :smile: