Opanda shutter count question

Hi
I am looking at a gently used D300 to buy (and will end up selling my D90).
I asked the seller (local) to send me a shot so that I could check out the actual shutter count via Opanda.

Well, he sends me several .jpg files (says that they WERE shot in jpg - not RAW) but the shutter count is nowhere to be found on Opanda -( he says that these shots were NOT converted to jpg -- but shot in jpg format)

I tried it with BOTH my D90 and D700 -- and the shutter count does show up

What's up with this ?
Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Perhaps you can post this photo? If other's are having problems accessing the EXIF data then something is up.

~Chad

Perhaps you can post this photo? If other's are having problems accessing the EXIF data then something is up.

~Chad
Well -- I hate to admit it -- but I don't have any "online" picture storage -- and don't know how to post a picture here -- but -- I will be more than happy to email the picture from this guy if any of you can help !
Just let me know where to send it
thanks in advance

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
OK -- I just set up a Picasa web album -- so I will give this a try -- please bear with me

Again -- I opened this image when he sent it to me with Opanda and could not get a shutter count -- but I opened several .jpg images I had taken and the shutter counts showed up just fine -- I am trying to figure out what is going on -- and any help would be appreciated

I did tell him that the images he sent to me HAD to be .jpg -- not a RAW converted into a .jpg -- this is correct isn't it

Thanks -- and hope the picture shows up :)

Well -- I can't seem to figure this out on a timely fashion
Would me MORE than willing to email the picture he sent to me -- directly to you to see if you can see the shutter count

thanks in advance

Trying one more time -- wish I was better at this kind of thing :(

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OK -- maybe I got it this time

Can anyone check and see if they can see a shutter count on this picture please

Thanks so much for bearing with me on this :)

Get him to send it straight out of the camera without processing with cs4. GH

Gh
Thanks -- it does appear that the image has been processed with CS4 doesn't it -- I had not noticed that before as I was just looking for the shutter count.
I'll bet he was shooting RAW -- and then converted to .jpg -- and that is why the shutter count is not showing up
Thanks again -- I just sent him an email asking for a "proper" .jpg image

Just downloaded Preview extractor -- and it is a neat little program -- but -- the shutter count did not show up using "the sellers" pictures either
When I tried it on a couple of my shots -- it DID show the shutter count

This is weird

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom