Open British Championships

Discussion in 'People' started by SRA, Oct 20, 2005.

1. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Some have asked that I post some pictures from my work from time to time. This is an image of my "Latin" Ballroom Dance Team competing at the "Open British Championships." This team placed second by a very slim margin to the Chinese team.

orig.

This image is my "Standard" Ballroom Dance Team. They placed first.

View attachment 17122

A wide shot of the Winter Gardens Main Ballroom.

View attachment 17123

2. I love it anytime you post dance team pictures Scott. Congratulations to your teams and to you. I like image #2 the best and of course the ballroom is really something. Thanks for sharing.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow that is beautiful. Sure wish I could have been there.

Thank you as always for sharing the dance with us. I sure look forward to you posts.

Had to add to this.
    Keep coming back to look. Many years ago when I used to do ballroom dancing, I was dressed to the 9's ,high heels, stood straight as an arrow and twirlled around, and------ on boy those were the days. :>)))

Being old is a bummer :<(((

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2005
  4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Terrific capture of your wonderful teams! I love the 2nd shot the best....Congrats on the BIG win!

6. Hi Scott,

Thanks for your ballroom photo's my parents dance alot of tango. So when these kind of shows are given in big places the light is allways a big problem. Because off the change of lighting every second. From hard to soft light. It looks little bit that your WB is bit to warm in some photo's. But non the less you have some great photo's of a beautiful place with beautifull dancers.

Thanks for sharing!

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Paul, You dog :>)))))))))

8. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    VinceBeus,

You are correct about the lighting. These images were taken by a visiting professional from Australia. I gave him permission to shoot us in exchange for free copies of the images. It is easier to shoot the couples competition as the light stays the same and is brighter. The team events are more like staged shows and therefore the light sets are complex and varied. The pro was using two Nikon D2x's with some massive telephoto lenses. I was too busy taking care of coaching responsibilities to peruse his equipment.

Thanks for your comments, I hope to be able to provide more photos in the future.

9. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Leigh,

Thank you. The second shot is the Standard Medley. It is themed on the Movie 'Pirates of the Caribbean'. In performances it has been a wonderful crowd pleaser.

The Latin Medley is themed music is themed on the movie 'Bourne Identity/Supremacy' movies.

I find that movies have the best budget for great music that can tell a story and touch emotions.

10. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Gale,

You know what Ginger Rogers always said, "Women are obviously better dancers, they can dance in high heels, with a man, and backwards."

You would love living here. In my area or Utah Valley, there are over 1250 registered competitive ballroom dancers in the 12-18 year old age bracket. We have elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools with large ballroom dance programs. Between Brigham Young University and Utah Valley State we add another 6000 ballroom dancers.

It's fun to see all those age groups, as you say, dress to the nines.

11. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    You should come sometime and take photos for us. The sights around Blackpool are beautiful. The Preston LDS Temple is breathtaking at dusk.

12. Verynice I really liek the 2nd image. congrats to you on great shots and congrats to your teams for comeptign so successfully

13. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Thank you very much. We've been lucky representing the US these last couple of years. I hope we can keep it up.