Opening Day

Discussion in 'People' started by DFP51, Oct 9, 2006.

1. DFP51

DFP51

Oct 3, 2006
    First day outside with the D50 (18-70) as well as youth hunting weekend for the first time hunter and his little sister. I would appreciate thoughts/critique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. docsol

docsol

Mar 20, 2006
    Milton, NY
    Thanks for posting. The first thing i will say is that you have to make these bigger and I am sure Pbase will allow you to. these are much too small for my old eyes to discern much of anything!

3. Dan,
    Welcome to the Cafe.

These shots are nice, but both would be significantly improved with use of fill flash. Many outdoor portraits require fill flash or a reflector to help with facial lighting particularly in bright sun.

The second shot could use quite a bit of cropping.

4. DFP51

DFP51

Oct 3, 2006
    Doc, I know what of you speak. Every year it seems like the print in the newspaper gets smaller and the clock on the wall moves farther away.:smile:

Mitchell, thanks for the point about fill flash. I should have thought of that given the position of the sun.

5. docsol

docsol

Mar 20, 2006
    Milton, NY
    You can selectively lighten their faces if you have the software. A tighter crop on the second image might improve it, IMHO. Cute kids, looked like they were having fun.

6. The boy looks like quite the young man. This image makes him appear mature. And the girl looks like she is having a blast. You captured both of these well.

The shadow in the second is much less distracting than in the first shot, IMHO. I don't use fill flash. If possible, I try to find some shade. If not, I just shoot the memory. I think you did a good job of capturing the memory with these.

7. Dan, welcome to the Cafe........... think about asking them to turn their hats around so the peak isn't casting a shadow on their faces if the sun's this strong..............

Also......... watch your backgrounds............... #2....... there's a shrub at the top of her head.............

And most importantly... shoot lots and post lots............ that's how we all learn.............

Look forward to seeing more of your work!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

G

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.