OPENING PICTURES FROM BRIDGE TO PHOTOSHOP CS2

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by NANCY, Jul 4, 2005.

1. NANCY

NANCY

Mar 14, 2005
    FLORIDA
    I am trying to learn how to use Photoshop CS2. I am using Scott Kelby's book to help me. I have figured out how to get my pictures into the Bridge and can work with them there but I can't get them transferred from Bridge into Photoshop itself? Can someone please help me??????

Thank you.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Nancy,

I have not read Kelby's book on CS2, (I have his CS[one?] book) so I don't know what he says to do. However I load a folder full of images into Bridge by dragging the folder to the Bridge icon (in the Dock - I use a Mac, but on a PC, put a Bridge shortcut icon on the desktop and drag to that.)

The folder will open in bridge and I can rank, order and look at them. To open them with ACR (or Photoshop if they are not NEFs) select as many as you want to open (select at random by holding the Command [or Control on a PC] while you click.)

Then, in Bridge's File menu, select "Open with Camera Raw...". As a shortcut, you can just double click on one of the selected pictures. They will then open in the Camera Raw (or Photoshop if they are not NEFs.)

3. NANCY

NANCY

Mar 14, 2005
    FLORIDA
    Thank you so much for trying to help me. I tried what you said and it didn't work but I did notice that it said NEF on each picture. What does that mean and what do I do now? This is the first computer photo processing program I have ever used.

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    You should be able to double click on the image you want (in Bridge) and have it open in PS CS2. NEF is Nikon's RAW file format, so the image should open into Adobe Camera Raw (ACR).

5. NANCY

NANCY

Mar 14, 2005
    FLORIDA
    It opens in Bridge easily but I can't get it to open in CS2. I thought maybe I had to change the format before I switched to CS2 but nothing is working. I feel so frustarted. I'll keep trying.

6. NANCY

NANCY

Mar 14, 2005
    FLORIDA
    I just figured it out. I don't know why the following works but it does. If I go to Bridge and click on a picture. When that screen appears, in the bottom right hand corner are four boxes, one of which says Open 1 Image. If I click on that, it takes the picture to CS2. Whew. Now I have a picture to practice with as I am trying to learn all about CS2. Thank you both for trying to help me.

Nancy

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Nancy, that screen that has the button that says "Open 1 Image" (or how ever many you have selected) is the Adobe Camera Raw dialog.

Here is the Bridge window:
    [​IMG]

And here is the ACR window:
    [​IMG]

8. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Nancy,

That's the way it's supposed to work when you are working with RAW format images (NEF = Nikon's RAW format). If you double-click a JPG/GIF/PNG/etc., it will just open in PS CS2.

When using RAW format, PS needs help reading and parsing the formatting of such files...thus the Camera Raw Plug-In takes over first, let's you do corrections if you want, then when you click Open, it transfers image to PS CS2.

C