Ophiogomphus cecilia

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by j.ankanpaa, Jul 27, 2007.

1. "Let me tell you about the dragons and bees and the flowers and the trees" :Whistle:
    Ophiogomphuscecilia-15.

"Some people say that if you sleep outside during a summer day a dragon will come and needle your eye lids shut..."
    Ophiogomphuscecilia-8.

"Some people believe we sting horses!
    Ophiogomphuscecilia-10.

"Some people are saying we weight human souls for the devil when we fly above them and call us all sorts of names!"
    Ophiogomphuscecilia-14.

"I even heard that we are able to stop the time when we´re hunting!?!?! ...HOGWASH!!!"
    Ophiogomphuscecilia-28.

"I have seen some people picking their noses and eating their findings... ain´t that funny? EH?"
    Ophiogomphuscecilia-21.

And finally:

"Sorry, can´t say anything... I have a mouth full" / Fueling the Sikorsky
    Ophiogomphuscecilia-4-1.

Thanks for looking! :smile:

2. Slingher

Slingher

Jun 30, 2007
    Titusville FL
    Very nice shots... I especially like the last one. Wonderful job!

Jessie

3. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Excellent shots Jukka.

4. Fab as usual Jukka, especially the 2nd to last shot.

What sort of shutter speeds are you getting on these?

Alex

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great series Jukka. One of the most beautiful dragons. I wish he was more common here in Denmark. I'd have to travel quite a bit to see him.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All great. Comments are fun

Beautiful images

7. Thanks, Jessie! :smile:

Thanks, Scott! :smile:

Thanks, Alex!

From the top to the bottom:
    1/90
    1/640
    1/640
    1/350
    1/45
    1/500
    1/320

All f8 and ISO 200, those seem to be my working horses :smile:

By the way, download free Opanda exif reader here: http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/download.htm
    easy to check exifs of posted pics...

Tak Torben!

Well, I have said it before: you´re very and warmly wellcome to see them here! :smile:

It´s rare here too, but fortenately now I know were to go... maybe 5-6 places to see it FOR SURE...

The place were I shot these must be probably one of the greatest here as there are O. cecilia, O. forcipatus, G. vulgatissimus, C. boltonii and very rare (for us) O. coerulescens at that same small curve of that tiny river... Wonderful place, indeed...

(Maybe next summer, then :biggrin:)

Thanks, Gale! :smile:

8. A fun series with your running commentary.

9. I have Opand IExif, but with most of these pictures, I get "Failure to read the file".

They are spectacular images. The one I was able to get the exif on said the focal length was 300mm. May I ask which lens you used?

10. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I might take you up on that. Helsinki is only a couple of hours away by plane. Just for O. cecilia and the C. boltonii it would be worth it. All mentioned are rare here. I think they are only observed in a certain area in Jutland this year.