Opinion of BeachCamera.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D. L. Miller, Nov 25, 2005.

1. I need opinions. I have never used Beach Camera.com before and I want to know if anyone here has done business with them. I have always gone to a local camera store or used B&H. Beach Camera's price on a new SB 800 is the lowest.
    They claim it is USA warranty and brand new. Their price is $289.00 plus higher shipping, while onthers are all $300.00 plus. Even with their higher shipping they still are the lowest. I usually don't buy on price alone, but to get another flash I thought I would try the lowest price.

Any opinion on this? Is BeachCamera.com ok to deal with??

Thanks for replies.....

Dan

2. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    They've got a rating of 9.6 on ResellerRatings.com (which even beats my favorite online shop NewEgg!!!) That said, I've never personally used them, but you can read the reviews for yourself.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

They also do business under another name that escapes me at the moment...
    But I seem to remember a lot of people having problems with them...
    But I have been wrong before and I am sure that I will be again.. (just ask my wife.. )

4. They also do business as buydig.com. (Is that what you were trying to think of Dave?) I bought my SB800 from them a few months ago. Ordered on Monday at the cheapest shipping and got it on Wednesday.

5. Thanks for the replies. A lenses or a body I would most likely go local. I want another SB 800 and their price did get my attention.

With a rating of 96 and with Crayaco's experience with them (looking like it went great), I am going to get a SB 800 from them.

P.S. to Dave: I assume you ordered the new camera when I saw you at the camera store???

I thought playing golf was expensive...... This camera/lens lust is something else.... But I am having fun and that is what counts......

6. DeanTomasula

DeanTomasula Guest

I bought an F90x from them years ago. I got it really cheap and it was in better shape than they described. I knew I was getting a gray market camera obviously, and they did not try to disguise the fact. However, I was supposed to get $20 back from them because they mistakenly overcharged me. They admitted it was their fault. I never did get that money back. But all in all, they were great to deal with and I had no problems.