Opinions on Paul Buff Cyber Commander & CSR+

I used the CC for a lil while , its nice but it just wasnt my cup of tea instead I just adjust the lights manually.

Anyone use these? Opinions?

I use the Cyber Commander...and couldn't be more impressed.

While shooting, I leave the CC on my camera's hotshoe. While metering and adjusting the light output levels, I simply slide it off the hotshoe.

The CC allows me to adjust one light at a time by 1/10th of a stop...or adjust the entire group of lights all at once. I find it to be very quick and easy to use. I also like how I can adjust the lights remotely...and not have to lower a boom or walk behind the subject to make power adjustments to my Einstein strobes.

Before I purchased the Einsteins, I used Nikon SB flash units and Radiopoppers. The Radiopoppers were much more expensive than the Cyber Commander...and required batteries in each of the units. The CC requires batteries, but the receivers don't--they attach and are powered to the strobes. Another convenience.

The CC has fired reliably every single time...even in bright outdoor conditions since it is a radio transmitter versus line of sight.

Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom