Opinions on Portable Storage

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by D. L. Miller, Jul 13, 2005.

1. I am not a Pro, but I travel and would like to be able to download on a protable Hard Drive and view the pictures (Not using my camera). I was thinking about getting a JOBO GIGA V pro to download off my D2x cards.
    (www.jobo-usa.com)

I don't own a lap top and don't see traveling with one.

I use an external HD at home but this would be for traveling.

What do others use and opinion of their quality etc.

Thanks for any replies.

Dan

2. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. the nikon coolwalker does a great job and the price is been reduced dramatically.

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I bought the Epson P-2000 recently, and am very pleased with it so far.

5. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    I use the P-2000 hewavily and am quite happy as well, I regularly copy 10+GB at games and have had no problems, and never run out of juice (but come close)

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I have the CompactDrive PD-7x and find that it is ok.

However, battery life leaves a lot to be desired. If I had to do it all over again it would be to get the epson p2000.

Storage plus a 5 inch screen to view your shots with.

7. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I went with the Epson P-2000 and have been very happy with it. It comes with a 40GB drive and I have read on DPR of people putting 100GB drives in.

8. Thanks for all replies.

I am going to Paris for a few days and want more capacity then my three 1 G cards

9. yes Dan you do. I would get a couple of larger cards (4GB) AND a sorage device.

10. Dave,

How is your 200-400 f4 VR?

Looks like you have the whole range covered from 12mm to 400mm

Are you happy with it (200-400mm), or wish you bought some thing else?

Have you used any TC's with it?

I thinking the 200-400mm will be my next lens, then I'll "cool it" for a while.

Dan

11. Dan
    I have tried to email you a couple of times but my emails have been sent back. some security issue on mine or your computer. Yes I love the 200-400 and use it quite often. I use the TC's on it quite successfully too.
    Dont forget that you will need a gimbal mount for the tripod.
    Dave