Opinions Please - Business Card Design

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Here is a suggestion for everyone. Post your own business card. Might help generating ideas.
Best to not hijack his thread, but that is a good idea on a topic for a new thread. We have had them a few times the past years. Great suggestion.

I'm in agreement with a previous poster who suggested not having your own picture on the card. You risk having someone judge your business by what you look like or how you dress, even though that isn't warranted.

As an example there's a female real estate agent here in Winniepg whose over-done makeup and decades out-of-date hairstyle don't inspire my confidence. I may be right, I'm likely wrong but either way, I wouldn't call her.

I think a logo or an example of your work (with permissions from the subject of course) would be a better way to go.

Larry

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I have been researching online information about photographer business card designs. There is a good deal of consensus regarding simple front and pertinent contact info / specialties on the back. Whether one uses a logo / graphic vs client's picture / collage vs self portrait seems to be a bit more mixed. Probably more designs featuring a logo or graphic vs the other two, but not overwhelmingly so. There are some REALLY amazing business cards being used out there. Wow! Just search the internet images for "photographer business card".

It was suggested that others post their cards here as examples. I would not feel this thread as being hijacked if people did that. My own opinion is "post 'em if you got 'em".

Real Name
Andrew
Just FYI, I asked my wife to read this thread and give me feedback on the OP's card and my take on it.

She basically told me I was wrong and that she appreciates cards with the actual person on it so that she remembers what they look like.
Just wanted to interject that in there to add in the non-photographer feedback.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
It was suggested that others post their cards here as examples. I would not feel this thread as being hijacked if people did that. My own opinion is "post 'em if you got 'em".
Thanks Walter, I generally find it best to ask before doing and changing the thrust of the post. It is your post. :) and we usually like to error on side of caution, but appreciate your desires. Post away.

Real Name
David
I am fine with people sharing their cards for inspiration and education purposes. Post away!
Well as I mentioned I like tying things together so my site, cards, and promotional stuff are cohesive. When I did vendor fairs you'd have 50-100 vendors in a ballroom or convention center. At least 10% - 20% were photographers, you need to have a way to stand out. For me it was Blueberry Photo and the more casual, relaxed, and fun package names in my brochure. I mainly did B'nai Mitzvah, so relaxed worked.

Attachments

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Well as I mentioned I like tying things together so my site, cards, and promotional stuff are cohesive. When I did vendor fairs you'd have 50-100 vendors in a ballroom or convention center. At least 10% - 20% were photographers, you need to have a way to stand out. For me it was Blueberry Photo and the more casual, relaxed, and fun package names in my brochure. I mainly did B'nai Mitzvah, so relaxed worked.
Very cohesive package, David. Thanks so much for sharing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom