Opinions?

Okay, so here's one more in the Tree Bark series. This one has been cropped slightly, edge burned (vignetted?) and most importantly of all duotoned in Photoshop. Generally, I prefer cooler toned black and whites but lately have been intrigued with warmer tones. I'm interested in the input from folks regarding the toning especially. Thanks in advance ... Ray

Gum6Duo.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mamiya C330, Fuji Neopan 400, souped in D76 1:1

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Chris
I'm colorblind Ray, but the colors I'm seeing here have a very naturalistic, woody, look to them. How are you choosing your duo-tone colors? I have two actions that use tri-toning. One for cool and one for warm. Both put a color image over the B&W image, then I can adjust the opacity before 'printing'.

Real Name
Chris
... I experiment with different ones until I find one that I think works well with a particular image.
I always need to do color 'by the numbers'. As such, it often comes out funny. To pick my tritone colors, I relied on the eyes of others. Doing so taught me that even in color-normal people, there are wide disparities of color differentiation.

I'm lovin' this tonal temperatures of this one. Very nice!
Thanks, I'm trying some different tonal variations before I go back and shoot some more bark shots using a slower film, tripod, smaller apertures and more focused composition. Oh yeah and pop an antihistamine before I go. The area around these trees is heavy with the scent of roses!

Latest threads

Top Bottom