Optech Pro Strap

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Love them. They distribute weight very well and the quick disconnects are really handy. I have one on 2 of my 3 cameras.

I also have a Peak Design strap set up to carry the camera/lens in the kidney area (but a bit lower) when hiking. Then I can swing the camaera around easily to take a shot. But the strap is very stiff and heavy. The quick disconnects do allow me to disconnect the camera quickly. And by putting loops on another camera, I can quickly move the strap to another camera. This strap is usually on my D5 since I'm generally carrying a heavier lens on that camera.

Real Name
Randy
make sure the connector part that attaches to the body is their smaller one so when you're not using the strap you don't have 2 long things hanging around

I use their Utility Strap Sling, which is basically a Pro that is designed to carry 2 bodies, or in my case a body and my binoculars. I attach it to the right side loop on the camera and the bottom (L-plate) so the camera hangs flat. Quick release connectors are amazingly secure and fast to use.
I was driving by their place in Montana and made an appointment to stop in--they treated me like royalty, helped me customize everything. I also have a Gimme Grip Strap that I can use---takes about 5 seconds to switch from the big sling to the wrist strap (needs a gender changer to make it work best.)

Last edited:
Real Name
Carl
I've used the OP Tech Pro strap with XL camera attachments for years. I am rather tall. Comfortable! It's getting a bit raggedy around the edges...maybe time for a replacement? Good company, good customer service, great equipment. I bought a couple of over the shoulder straps, :) not the Black Rapid, too expe$ive! At the end of a long day, carrying my heavy lens, my shoulders and back thank me! I don't need as many pain relievers of choice, either!

Thanks one and all for the replies, much appreciated. I need to do something as I'm killing left shoulder just hanging it off there (not around my neck).
Lately I've just been carrying the D850 with battery grip and 200-500 in my left hand holding it all from the lens mount and and I can feel that strain.

Real Name
Maurie Hill
I’ve been using the OpTech Pro for years. I have 2 of them, the oldest must be at least 10 years old. It’s certainly looking its age. Bit like me really. I have put locking mini carabiners on them to quickly swap them around. I also have another version that has the 2” wide webbing which is attached to my ‘heavy kit’ Tenba bag, I do a lot of motorsport photography and those spongey cushions make long days lugging heavy kits around a little easier.

Another Op/Tech fan here! I've been using the neck straps for a long, long time and a couple of years ago when I bought the small RX100 m5 I bought my first sling-style strap for it, and I like that a lot, too. A few weeks ago I bought the larger, more substantial version of the sling strap for my somewhat larger and heavier RX10 M4 and again I like it very much, too. I prefer not to have the connection point be the tripod mount, so the Op/Tech sling straps work well for me because they utilize the camera body's customary strap connection points, and the user has the option to use just one of those or both of them. Most recently I ordered and received another sling strap from Amazon, this one for my new camera, but so far have not put it on there yet, still using the familiar old Op/Tech neck strap that I took off one of my other cameras. Although I know a lot of photographers like Black Rapid and Peak Designs, I just can't imagine using anything other than Op/Tech!

Another op/tech fan here. I have used the sling system for years. Works great. I have connectors on each of my cameras, and also on any of the larger lenses. I love how easily I can disconnect and mount to my tripod, the connectors fall out of the way. There is also no metal anywhere, so I can jam everything into my pack and nothing gets scratched. I wore some pretty big marks in lens barrels and bodies by a metal connector rubbing away as I hiked before I found these. Buy 2, and several extra connectors. You will use them all.
Gary

For hiking, I use the Peak Design backpack clip for quick on and off of my camera. I do not like having them hanging on a strap while I hike, but most of my hiking is UP and down mountains, so hanging straps do not work for me as the camera could get too close to the ground.. For other shooting for Birds and such, Black Rapid strap is what I have used for the last 10 years.. works well for me anyway.

Latest threads

Top Bottom