Optimal output from LR, needed ASAP

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Jon Neely, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    Ok guys, well this last sunday (yesterday) I had my first model shoot where it was me and the model and the camera. Well to say the least, things went great! I will soon get the pics up for comments but first I want to get these off to print. I edited them in Light Room 1.4, what is the best output for these. They where all shot in RAW with Adobe color-space( which works much better in LR than sRGB) so I was wondering what I should give my print shop, Tiff, jpeg? and when it comes to the resolution in the export menu, should I find the max or should I leave that just how it is. I would like to send these off tomorrow so the soon on this the better!

Thanks,

Jon

2. Jon, next time post in the Adobe Processors section, this sort of query really belongs there.
    Now to answer your question. In LR if you import a raw file, the colour space set in the camera is irrelevant, that is only used for jpegs.
    To send a file to your printer you are best to ask them what they want as it can vary depending on their equipment.
    Most photographic printers would want jpeg/sRGB though. If it is a laser printer like the Fuji's, do not over sharpen. Resolution on photo printers varies but is usually 300ppi.
    Jpeg compression ought to be above the middle point.