Orange flower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Beezle, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Cut a flower from our back yard and pointed a D2X and a 55 AIS macro at it. Mostly with an extension tube.

This is my favorite color, but I actually do not know what species this flower is. Minimal processing, though I do push the saturation a bit to bring out the orange.

This one is lit with a white LED flashlight.

[​IMG]

More images in this little gallery, most done with flash.

http://www.nvxd.com/orange-yellow/

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    This is stunning, but then so are the other images in the little gallery. I don't recognize this flower and even with the full image of the flower in the gallery, I don't know what it is. The colors, great DOF and details make this a winner. :biggrin:

3. A very pretty orange color on this flower. Nicely done.

4. Thanks for the kind words.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Ed. Shot with an LED flashlight huh? Never would have thought of that. What WB setting did you use?

6. I used auto WB, and it came out a bit too warm. NC thought 4200 was a good value "automatically," so I went with that.

I have found that white LEDs produce a very blueish/white light and seem to give good color for macro shots of flowers. The only problem has been buttoning down the setup so that 1+ second exposures are sharp.

That and I happen to have a relatively bright white LED flashlight that has a built in tripod. ;)

Thanks for the compliment.

7. Tried out the Nikon 105 micro with an extension tube today.

Gives a nice working distance of about 5 or 6 inches, but better than 1:1. Not sure what the magnification is, but this 100% crop is of pollen.

[​IMG]

Added more to the little gallery too.

Next I am going to try the 60mm micro with the extension tube and a 5T closeup lens. I wonder if I will even be able to focus it? :Crunk:

Ed